The sun was shining down on Vance and Reven, who excused themselves from Tyson and Nyssa's feud (Nyssa found her 'theme' by Tyson insulting) to instead welcome the foreign worriers.

"So, where are we going Reven? The docks, or the airfield?" Vance asked as they escaped Beacon's grounds and into Vale's.

"The docks, the airfield isn't keen on unnecessary bystanders." Reven explained.

"Is that how you got in jail that one night?" Vance asked, looking inquizitly at the spartan.

"Hey, that was all Tyson's fault." Reven said defensively.

Vance simply smiled, "yeah I thought so."

They stopped at the curve of the sidewalked and stepped into the taxi. After giving up and removing the back seat so Reven could fit, they were off to the docks.

...

Ceasar Crest closed his eyes, breathing in the salty air of the ocean as he felt the boat sway, hearing the crashing waves of the ship, disrupting the infinite gleaming of the sea. He opened his eyes to perfect weather and a welcoming dock. The city above was buzzing peacefully. However some commotion caught is eye as the boat glided closer. After squinting he saw a shop was closed off and police surrounding the shattered glass.

Ceasar smiled.

"Oh Roman. Thanks for the warm welcome. I really do miss our visits."

...

After paying the disgruntled driver, Reven and Vance stared into the glistening ocean as an armada of ferries coming in from Vacuo and Minstrel lightly cluttered the docks.

"Reven!" A voice cried out behind them.

Reven and Vance turned around to see team RWBY approaching them. "Come to observe the competition as well?" Yang asked to Weiss' annoyance.

"No, I came to welcome our guests. The tournament isn't nearly close enough to refer to them as 'competition'"

"Seriously? They came here to fight us."

"No actually, they came here to represent their schools."

The rest of team Rwby and Vance looked at the pair, slightly uncomfortable as they debated the status of the newcomers. As they continued their arguement, which very gradually got more aggressive, Ruby inched over to Vance who seemed intent on listening in.

"So...how's team Rvnt doing?" Ruby asked awkwardly.

"Hm?" Vance smiled as she looked away from the pair and at Ruby. "What was that?"

"Oh! Well hehe, I was asking how..." Ruby's voice trailed off before she quickly pointed and yelled, capturing the rowdy duo's attention. "What happened there?"

The group turned to look at what Ruby was pointing at to find a dust shop taped away and two grumpy looking detectives examining a scroll near shattered glass.

"What happened?" Blake asked, approaching the investors.

"Dust robbery," the man with the scroll explained lazily, "third one this week."

"Am I correct in assuming they are connected?" Reven asked.

The man looked up and hardened his gaze, as if analyzing him. "The hell do you care?" The man Reven a quick glance up and down. "You one of those new Atleseian Knight things? I thought Ironwood wasn't presenting them until next month."

"I am no machine." Reven explained for the umpteenth time.

Yang leaned comedically in front of him. "Yeah he's pretty touchy about that."