"Soana!" He said, cheerfully.

"Reid!" She kneeled down to his height.

Soana caught him in her embrace and giggled. The seven year old held her tightly then let go to speak.

"I missed you." He said, frowning.

"I've missed you too, Reid." She said, sweetly to the boy and used her hand to push back his hair, taking in his small face, cute button nose and green eyes. His childlike features gave Soana another spark of ambition.

In her heart, the princess thought as she looked at the seven year old that maybe the world could be safe and innocent once again.

"I miss my momma and Sueh." She heard Reid say.

She sighed.
"I do too."

"Are you my new momma?" He asked.

"Oh, Reid," She shook her head.
"I could never replace your mother."

"But the two men said I would be living here with you and Zuko. That has to mean you're my new momma and papa."

She stammered, speechless.

"We will try to be like your mother and father, Reid." They heard Zuko speak.

Reid looked at the prince, stunned until he narrowed his eyes.
"You will never be my father! You will never be anything to me!" Reid let go of Soana and ran into the palace to find a place to hide.

"Reid!" Soana called but he was out of sight by the time the princess stood and faced Zuko.

"Great. He hates me." Zuko grumbled.

The princess sighed.
"He's just upset."

"What does he have to be upset about? He's coming here to live with us! I'm pretty much adopting him!"

She laid a comforting hand on his arm.
"He has no mother and father anymore and the last he saw of you was when you were taking over Ba Sing Se. You don't exactly get the 'Best Role Model' award by a first impression especially with this boy. He's almost as stubborn as I am."

Zuko muttered under his breath.
"Great, so I'm gonna end up having more arguments."

Soana scoffed, rolling her eyes and entering the palace. She went to the foyer and called out:
"Reid!"

She frowned then looked behind her to glance at the guard by the door. With a straight face, the guard pointed his finger towards the stairs that led to the second floor.

The princess smiled then followed in the direction he pointed to where she caught a glimpse of Reid's foot disappearing around a corner, heading towards the throne room.

Soana followed her instincts and went towards the room until she heard a voice speaking, making her stop in her tracks.

"There's to be a war meeting all day tomorrow. It's going to be such a miserable time since I have to go." She heard Azula's very distinct voice.

"What's it about?" A girl asked.

Mai.

"I don't know exactly. Father never said."