TBRL: Chapter 39

Elizabeth sat in her room the next morning her eyes were a bit red and her nose was sore from wiping it. She didn't know what to think about the situation. Wasn't sure if she could trust that uprooting her life and changing her world for this man who had different intentions was worth it. When it was for love it was different. Part of her had been willing to just forget her name if it meant spending the rest of her life with Kyle. She thought she found a man who loved her instead she found a man using her for his own personal game.

CONFESSIONAL SCENE

"I just feel like nothing is real anymore." She said looking at the camera. "I mean I felt like he just was falling for me and that we were falling for each other." she said rolling her eyes and looking up. "Now I know the only one falling was me."

FADE OUT

Didn't I tell you not to pick her?" Chase said plucking a hammer from his tool belt and handing it to Kyle.

"You wanted him to pick Tylor." Franz said looking at Chase with annoyance.

"Because she was hot."

Kyle took the hammer and bent down to hammer in the tarp for the roof.

"You guys don't understand." He said looking up at both of them.

"Make me understand, because I have no idea why you want to marry her." Chase said looking at Kyle with a worried expression.

"Why are you so against her?" Franz asked as he flatted out another piece.

"You need a wife not a girlfriend." He said looking at Kyle.

"I'm looking out for you and right now with the situation I think it's best if you didn't pick someone because of a stupid fairy tale."

Kyle took a deep breath and looked up at him. "I love her." he said.

"See that.....right there is the problem." Chase said pointing at him but looking at Franz.

"So what he found someone to love?"

"More like someone to fuck with the plan." Chase said looking down at the yard.

"Love means comprise, it means putting someone else first. Doing what you think is right by them." Chase said looking back at Franz.

"Nowhere does it say Love means marrying someone to inheriting your parents business and then win 3 million dollars."

"I'm not in this for the money." Kyle said standing up.

"Yeah well you should be." Chase said looking at Kyle seriously. "Because that's the only way you're going to be able to fix what Harry has already done."

Kyle rolled his eyes. "How bad is the restaurant?"

"It not that bad it's just torn up a bit." Franz said with a shrug.

"He gutted the kitchen." Chase said looking at Franz. "The health department shut us down."

Kyle sat down and looked straight ahead as he slowly took in the situation.