Oh, How I Wish

This is a Songfic based on "Heather" by Conan Gray. 

Warning: Swearing and cuss words are present. Please read with caution, thank you and enjoy~!

When Damian first met her, he already knew something was bound to happen; something big and devastating. But he wasn't really sure what it was, so he tried not to think too much about it.  

Turns out, that was the wrong move to make. Damian shouldn't have brushed it off just because he wasn't sure what it was. He should've braced himself, braced for the impact heading his way. Braced for the impact of his feelings for her.

There were even signs already, signs that tried to warn him, signs that he didn't see because he was too blind. Or maybe it was more fitting to say that he was blinded by her. She blinded him with her radiance that it left him defenseless and vulnerable with almost everything.

Damian lets out a scoff and shakes his head in disbelief. Who would've thought that the Demon Spawn, dubbed by his brothers, Damian Wayne, would fall in love with one Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

A sharp knock shook him out of his thoughts and his door opens.

"Hey, Damian." Drake's head pops out of the small crack of his door.

"Is there something wrong, Drake?" Damian raises a brow at him. Drake never deliberately comes to him for something, since they were always out for each other's necks ever since he first came to his father. So why was he here?

"Nah, just wanted to see if you'd like to listen to this." he throws an audio player with a pair of headphones to him, which Damian easily caught.

He looks at the device and back to his slightly older brother with a slight question in his jade eyes.

"Just thought you'd enjoy it." Drake shrugs his shoulder and immediately disappears and closes his door with a resounding click, leaving him alone to tamper with the small device.

With a profound sigh, Damian puts on the earpieces and presses play. Not like he has anything better to do anyway.

The soft plays of piano keys and guitar chords hit his ears as the song starts.

I still remember,

Third of December.

Me in your sweater,

You said it looked better

On me, than it did you.

Damian was vaguely reminded of the time where Marinette had made him a sweater for the sole purpose of friendship. How funny that this song was just like that. And if he were to be honest, that time was actually the start of the spark that ignited his flame for her.

Only if you knew

How much I liked you.

But I watch your eyes as she

Walks by.

What a sight for

Sore eyes.

He remembers when he finally understood what he really felt towards Marinette, how he really viewed their relationship. Only for her to come running to him, saying stuff about how she wanted him to meet someone, meet someone she treasures so much.

Damian was terrified to say that something inside him broke a little.

Brighter than a