Chapter Fifteen: Birthday Surprise

Chapter Fifteen

Melody

Waking up the next morning feeling sick was the basic everyday routine. However, this time, I was in Luke's arm unlike the previous two nights. And this morning, I had the honor to wake Luke on this very special day. I slowly removed Luke's arm from around me. He still didn't wake, since he was a somewhat heavy sleeper. I got on my knees and faced Luke. "Luke," I said softly. He stirred a bit, but didn't open his eyes. "Luke........"

When he didn't move at all this time, I grabbed one of the pillows and started beating my boyfriend with it. I did that a lot.

Luke opened his eyes and grabbed the pillow from me. "Stop doing that, Mel!"

I just smiled before kissing him. "Happy birthday, Luke," I murmured against his lips. Luke kissed me back with a smile.

Someone knocked on my bedroom door, causing Luke and I to pull away from each other before Matt walked in. "Oh good. You're awake." I sat back down on the bed. "The basketball game is in an hour."

Luke rubbed his face and sat up. "Yeah, okay. I'll be there soon."

Matt nodded. "Will you be at the game, Mel?"

"I might be there for the end," I said. "Luke's aunt is taking me to the doctor's in half an hour." When I said that, I got the sickening feeling in my stomach again. "Speaking of........" I quickly ran to the bathroom and once again threw up.

When I walked out of the bathroom, Jane walked into the hotel room. She saw me and smiled. "I'm glad you're awake, Melody!" she said. "Ready to go?"

I nodded. "I just have to get changed and wish Luke luck for his game."

"I'll wait here," she said.

I walked into my room. "Jane's here. I have to get changed before I go." Matt nodded and left, but Luke just stayed on my bed. "Luke, I have to get changed."

"And?" Luke asked.

"And I need you to leave," I told him.

Luke sighed and got up. We walked towards the door with the shake of his head, muttering, "It's not like I haven't seen you naked before......"

I slapped his shoulder as he walked passed me, to which he chuckled at. I shook my head and closed my door. I walked over to the dresser and tried finding something to wear. However, none of my shirts were loose and I was starting to feel as if my belly was showing. I shook my head. Not possible. I was only a month pregnant as Luke said yesterday. That still didn't shake the feeling.

I put on sweats and a t-shirt, still feeling a bit unsure. So I grabbed Luke's sweater that I wore yesterday and pulled it on. Since Luke was taller than me and had a muscular build, the sweater was very loose on me. It made me feel better.

"Why are you wearing my sweater?" Luke asked when I walked out of my room.

"Because I can," I replied.

"But we're in Miami," Luke pointed out. I just shrugged and gave him a hug. "Good luck at your game, Luke. I'll try to show up near the end."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When I got to the basketball game, I was already feeling nervous. How was I going to tell Luke? How was he going to act? I couldn't believe it was happening........

The game just finished the third quater so I walked over to Luke, who was sitting on the bench. "Hey," I said.

He stood up immediately. "Hi. So, how did it go?"