"Shit!" Stark exclaimed through my earpiece.

"Language!" countered Steve causing me to lower my bow momentarily as I tried to stifle a laugh. I shook my head and continued to shoot at the guards by seeking cover from a tree. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken." The voice of Jarvis filtered though my earpiece as I launched up into the air and onto a great tank. While in the air, I grasped behind my back and swung out my sword, slicing down at the guard operating the gun on the tank.

"Loki's sceptre must be here," Thor's voice said.

"I agree, the defense system and these machines could not be powered without it," I said with a grunt as I kicked the head of the tank open and threw my sword into the chest of the driver, the tank halting to a stop.

"At long last," said Thor as I tried to regain my breath while still sitting atop of the tank.

As Nat began to speak, I grasped my sword and swung myself off the tank and landed on top of guard. "'At long last' is lasting a little long."

I huffed in agreement as I started to slash down the next influx of guards from the base, hoping for it to be the last.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise...again," came Clint while I crashed the hilt of my sword down on one of the guards heads.

"Wait a second. Is no one else gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said 'Language'?" questioned Stark.

"I know. Just slipped out." He sighed, allowing me to release that laughter that I had tried to contain.

The line of guards started to shoot mercilessly at me so I dove into the snow, to seek cover behind a sizable tree. I lined up my bow and started to take them down but there were too many and I did not have enough arrows to get through them.

I bit my cheek in thought as I rolled away from an energy blast, it lighting up the tree that I was behind less than a second ago. It was as if a light bulb pinging on in my head as I nocked an arrow into my bow. I narrowed my eyes as I trained my arrow onto the tank sitting motionless beside the mass of guards. I let it fly and embed itself into the blue rim of the sceptre powered machine gun atop of it. As my lilac fletched arrow made contact with it, it the tank and the guards surrounding it ignited in a fiery ball of orange flames. It billowed outwards and I ducked my head behind my arm to shield it from it's glow.

Once the light died down, I glanced around the area around me to see it clear of any movement. So, I sprinted off closer to the compound while keeping my eyes peeled for any others.

"We have an Enhanced in the field," came Steve abruptly.

I flitted my way quickly through the trees, searching for any signs of activity yet I still didn't catch the faint stream that rushed towards me, knocking me into the air. I cursed myself and whipped my head up to catch the activity again but to find no traces. If only I had continued to use my powers during the last year, to strengthen them, I could have caught whatever that was. I feared that I wouldn't be able to use them again, in order to summon the energy I needed to lift my spirit to absorb the aura of the moon. I didn't think that I had that energy within me anymore, not since my mother's desertion for the last year, not since my father's death.

"I just came into contact with it, they seem to have some sort of...super speed," I said into my earpiece, pushing the regret and panic of my powers to the back of my mind.

"Clint's hit!" Nat yelled into my ear causing me to stop my run and contemplate whether to turn back or carry on.

A sharp blast of electric light shot towards me but I quickly deflected it with the end of my bow, making my mind up for me and I hurried towards it.