2.2

It was funny how the things that Chanyeol taught him in prison stayed with him.  Walking on the street, while riding the subway, he was still much more aware of his surroundings. 

He warned of possible ambush points, made sure he was facing away from the wall, and paid attention to the people around him.  The world was the same, but he was different. 

When he arrived, Jongin was waiting at his usual table.  The smiling boy got up and wrapped Baekhyun in a big bear hug, only releasing him when people started looking.  On giant bowls of steaming Udon noodles, Baekhyun told him the whole story.  When he reached the end, Jongin laughed and Baekhyun just glared at him.

-What?  What is so funny?

-Nothing man, it's just, it's like a soap opera cliche.  You were gay in prison!  For your cellmate!  He muttered in his soup. 

-I was gay before that.

Jongin sighed.  -Yes, I always suspected.  Hey, do you remember that time you dressed up as the Sleeping Beauty and you tried to kiss me?  Baekhyun looked at him in horror. 

-Why does everyone remember that except me?

- That tiara was quite memorable.  You loved that.  You used it everywhere for a month!  Baekhyun frowned and tossed him some soup.

Jongin dodged it.  -Hey!  So what is the name of your savior boyfriend and when can I meet the man who popped my best friend's cherry?  Baekhyun blushed to the tips of his ears.  -First of all, we haven't done it... yet!  And secondly, his name is Park Chanyeol and-

He couldn't continue because Jongin was busy throwing greasy Udon noodles across the table all over the front of his shirt.  His favorite shirt.  -¡JONGIN!  What the hell!

He grabbed a handful of napkins and started frantically scrubbing his forehead.  Jongin didn't even bother to clean his mouth.  The soup dripped down his chin as he said in a flat tone.  -Park Chanyeol.  Your cellmate was Park Chanyeol.

-Uh, yes? 

"Tall, broad-shouldered, devilish eyes that can pierce your soul, he was released from prison about a month ago, that Park Chanyeol?"  It was actually a pretty good description, especially the devilish eyes part. 
Luhan nodded, "Himself."  Jongin just looked at him.

-Oh my God.  You don't know, do you?  He frowned.  -Know what?  "Holy fuck," Jongin grabbed his phone and began to type frantically as he spoke.  "So, when you were there with Chanyeol, did the guards treat him differently than the other inmates?" Baekhyun nodded, confused by how Jongin knew about it.

-Yes.  It was quite strange.  I mean, I know he's rich and powerful, a high-ranking member of the Japanese mafia but I wouldn't expect that to have much influence in a South Korean prison.  But it wasn't just the other inmates who seemed to be afraid to come across him, the guards as well.  No one messed with him.  Whatever he wanted, he got it.  It was as if the rules didn't apply to him, unless he decided so.  -Makes sense?- Jongin smiled and handed him the smartphone.  -More than what you believe.

Baekhyun took it and looked at the item on the screen.  There was a photo of Chanyeol wearing a suit in a courtroom, with a look of contempt and disdain for the camera.  Above the image was written the headline "Playboy Billionaire Sentenced to 24 Months in Prison for Use of Inside Information, Retaliates by Purchasing Gyeolgwa Island."  The boy's brain was disconnected.  Did Chanyeol BUY Gyeolgwa?  He looked at Jongin and back to the article. 

It was a legitimate 'The Korea Times' article, not a sensational garbage.  He went into detail about Chanyeol's trial and appeal and when he couldn't help going to jail, he was so angry that he bought the island of Gyeolgwa and the ten prison complexes that were in the state for an undisclosed sum estimated at billions.