0.9

But Chanyeol never asked for anything in return. 

The thing was, whatever Chanyeol wanted, Baekhyun would have gladly given him.  But he never asked.  Worse yet, Baekhyun WANTED him to ask him. 

Not only because he felt hopelessly indebted to the man, but also because he was pretty sure he wanted exactly the same things that Chanyeol wanted. 

He saw the way Chanyeol's gaze lingered on his lips, staring at her mouth for a few seconds longer than he was kind.  And he felt the possessive way his hands rested on his waist and hips when they showered together. 

It was for show, for the other convicts, but it wasn't for him.  If it had been all for the show, Chanyeol would have been rude to him, he would have played quickly, clinically, coldly.  Chanyeol's hands were never cold or rough and the way his fingers lingered. 

Chanyeol continued to wash his hair and dry him with the towel, and his cock betrayed him each time.  Chanyeol wanted it.  Baekhyun knew that.  And he loved Chanyeol, craved the touch of his strong, hard hands on her own soft skin. 

He wanted to be kissed by Chanyeol's lips, so serious and so sensual, to be held in his arms, their bodies tight.  In those rare unsupervised moments, before the older man fully woke up, Baekhyun never pushed him, just kept him closer. 

He wanted him to do more, he wanted him to hug him and kiss him like that when he was awake.  He gave his numerous and subtle invitations. 

But Chanyeol ignored each one.  why?  That was the question that burned from the inside Baekhyun.  Why?  If he wanted it, and Chanyeol wanted it, why not? 

The Friends theme song happily hit the bottom as Chanyeol carelessly dropped a five of hearts on top of the pile of cards on the table.  -Won.  He looked up in surprise.  Chanyeol had the other three five already at his side.  The older man took the discarded five and added it to the others.  Baekhyun bit his lip and looked at his cards.  -Oops.

Chanyeol looked at him, his golden eyes soft with affection.  -You seem distracted tonight.  Everything is alright?  He nodded and touched his cheek with his hand.  -Yes. 

The older man smiled knowingly and reached into his pocket.  -I have something that could improve your concentration.  He placed a brown package on the table and pushed it with his fingertips toward Baekhyun. 
Baekhyun's eyes lit up with -i... M&M'S?!  My favorite!

Baekhyun always said that everything was his favorite and it was true, because he loved all sweets equally. Chanyeol watched him, smiling the whole time. He shook his head. -You're a child. Baekhyun just smiled at him, his cheeks thick and full like a little blonde squirrel. -AHA! He exclaimed as he pulled more M&M'S from the bottom of the bag.

-Your turn.

They kept playing in silence for a while as Baekhyun struggled for courage. Finally, he asked. -Why do we never talk about it?

-Of what? His words came out in a hurry.

-From the fact that I love you, and you love me. I know so, so...

-Leave it, Baek.

"But I..." Chanyeol slapped his cards on the table and leaned forward.

-Look boy, I know what you think you know what you want. But prison changes people. They do things they would never do outside. But, for most of us, this is only temporary. We're all passing through, some more than others, but still, do you know what happens when you go out? You come back into your life, the best you can, and who you were before prison. What happens in prison remains in prison.

Everything will look different once you are free and you would only look back with shame and regret for anything. Baekhyun shook his head. He would never be ashamed of being with Chanyeol. Never.

-No, Chan, no, I wouldn't ... The golden eyes pierced him.

"Have you ever considered sleeping with a man before you got here?" Baekhyun's mouth opened and then closed. He had been going through a bit of confusion, drawn to both men and women, but he had only imagined being with a woman. His visions of the future had included a wife and children. As if reading his thoughts, Chanyeol spoke quietly.

-Let me guess a big house, white fence, 2 or 3 children and a golden retriever. That's what you dreamed of, isn't it? His thoughts were a confused whirlwind in his own brain.

That old dream seemed boring, flawed and false. Like a plastic Barbie house. It was nice to look at, but hard to live with. What he had with Chanyeol was better than none of that, inside or outside the jail. The tingling and burning sensation he had every time Chanyeol looked at him... he had never dreamed of that, because he had never imagined it.

He had never known what being in love meant before. He had thought it would be like the cinema, sweeping him like a tide, immediate and scorching. But what he had with Chanyeol had come slowly, like a mist creeping over a meadow. It had started with fear, which had turned into respect. And respect, over time, had become trust. Trust led to friendship and now. now.... Chanyeol waved his hand dismissively.

-Forget Baekhyun. I am happy with what we have.

-And what is? What have we got, Sehun? -We are friends, boy. That is enough for me. It was a double lie. They weren't friends. What they had was closer to a father and a son, or an older brother and a younger one, if it weren't for the desire that ran hot and ever present among them. There was nothing familiar about it. And Baekhyun knew it wasn't enough for Chanyeol, not just.

The thick desire was written in Chanyeol's eyes like a blinking neon sign, but every time it appeared, the emotion was quickly erased from his face. Baekhyun recognized it as the mask that Chanyeol used to put in front of the world. It was a wall that he built to keep everyone out. But he hadn't brought his in front of Baekhyun in a long time, not when the two of them were alone.

Disappointment and rejection struck in Baekhyun's heart, partly because of Chanyeol's denial that he wanted more and partly because Chanyeol would not open up to him.

What he felt was obviously written on his face because Chanyeol threw the cards on the table and stood up. He dragged Baekhyun into his arms, crushing his face into his hard chest, in an overly tight hug. The boy didn't bother, not a bit. Chanyeol said nothing and neither did Baekhyun, but the boy's arms dragged and soon he was squeezing Chanyeol in response, holding him so hard, their bodies saying everything his words couldn't; that Chanyeol repented and Baekhyun understood. Chanyeol finally broke his hug with a brusque statement.

-You should brush your teeth, sweet boy. Baekhyun just laughed. The older man always feared he was going to get cavities from all the candy he gave him and always reminded him of brushing his teeth after eating them. There were no dentists in jail.

The boy nodded and did as Chanyeol asked. Later, they ended up huddled in bed, as always, with Baekhyun facing the wall and Chanyeol huddled behind him; the big spoon and the small spoon, as always.

The time was starting to heat up and maybe it wasn't completely necessary for Baekhyun to continue sleeping with Chanyeol, but Baekhyun wasn't going to say anything. Chanyeol didn't seem too inclined to change his sleeping arrangements.

Tonight, however, Baekhyun slowly turned in the bigger man arms, moving to face Chanyeol. 

He looked up at him, at the way the shadows changed her face and the way her dark hair fell onto her forehead.  Baekhyun swept it away with a soft touch.  Chanyeol's voice ruffled his hair.  -Are you cold?  He shook his head. 

Chan said nothing and by tilted his head down, resting in the hollow of Chanyeol's throat.  "I have everything I need," he murmured softly.  His arms and legs wrapping around the man.

He couldn't be sure, but just as he fell asleep, he thought Chanyeol had placed a soft kiss on the top of his head.

——————————————————
tbc...
so... so far how is it!?
hope u enjoy it
see ya in next chap