"Guys," Reed steps in, "We can't keep fighting each other."

"You're father's right. We have to be strong as a family," Cate adds in, to help bring us together again.

"I'm the one who wants us to be strong!" Andy roars to his family.

"You mean you want us to be the von Struckers again," Lauren fires, "You sound like the Frost sisters."

"What's wrong with that? They're willing to face reality. I mean, the humans are coming after us."

"The humans, Andy?" Mr. Strucker spoke out, "Am I coming after you? Is your mom?"

"I didn't... You know what I meant."

Andy stormed off to cool down, I was quick to follow him, to help him calm down, once again.

"Andy. Andy!" I call out.

"What?! What do could you possibly want?" He shouts to me, in total rage.

I stood back, completely shock from his anger toward me.
His voice gave me a negative feeling, a feeling that I've never experienced before in a long time.
It struck a nerve in me.

He obviously saw my expression change majorly.

"L-Look, I'm sorry—"

"I get that your pissed. You're not the only one who's pissed off, I am, too! But you don't dare shout at me like that. You complete jackass!"

I was fed up with Andy, despite him calling my name, I didn't stop walking away, I made my way to the roof, hoping to cool myself down.

§

3 years ago

I watched my mom poison herself with alcohol.

It would always be late at night - when Jack and I are suppose to be asleep - she would open her liquor to drink her feelings away.

She would cry, become anger, it wasn't a pretty sight for a young girl to see.

One night, my mother was extremely angry. Angry at the world and how the universe or how God could take my dad away like that.

I peek at her bedroom door, seeing her throw a liquor bottle out of anger, and me being me, I tried to stop her.

"Mom, please, stop it."

My mother didn't listen.
She threw a picture frame next.

"Mom."

And she threw a another family picture with a roaring growl.

"Mom, please!"

"What?! What the hell could your stupid brat self want know!"

I stopped completely, but still spoke, "You're drunk, mom. You gotta go-"

Slap.
I felt a harsh sting on my cheek.

I cupped the side of my face, feeling a red color starting to form on where she made contact with me.
My eyes started to tear up automatically, and I quickly ran away to my room.