15

3 X 1 II

❅ ❅ ❅

I was in my bedroom, watching the tiny snow tiger I create, running around in front of me, making its silent roars.

A knock came from my door and it opened to see my brother, Jack, looking at me with slight nervousness.

"Can I talk to you?"
"Sure."

Jack stepped into the room, as I swipe the snow tiger out to the air, and squeezing it to become just regular snow.

"The Frost sisters told me that they would have a word with you, about your loyalty. H-Have you really joined our cause?"

My breath was cut short from his question. "Yeah. They are quite persuasive, but that didn't face me."

My brother nodded to me, sitting down at the foot of my bed. "I need to tell you something."

I crawl over to him, readying to hear what he has to say.

"You know, mom and her siblings, right?"
"Yeah, her and Aunt Eliza, but what does thi—"

"You are forgetting a person."

My eyebrow raised. "What are you talking about? We only have one aunt - Aunt Eliza. Dad was an only child, so I don't understand how I am 'forgetting' a person."

"The Frost sisters have found out that our mother had many skeletons in her closet. Skeletons that are quite relevant for our time."

I scoffed, "Are you saying mom had some secret sibling she never told us about?"

"Mom never told us about our uncle, Lux. A man who is like us... a mutant."

My green eyes had widened. "You are lying. Mom couldn't—"

"Think about it, Lux. She despises mutants, she hate them with a passion. If she could disgraced her own two kids, I think she could abandon her own brother."

"I-If this man is real then... who even is he?"

"John Allerdyce."

That name struck me.
Not because I knew it, but for how familiar it sounded, kind of like the X-Men.

"He was a mutant like us, he can control and manipulate fire, but couldn't create it. He joined the Brotherhood of Mutants."

"W-Wait, the Brotherhood?"
"You know about it?"

"I tried to read it, but there was little to no information about the Brotherhood. Even when I asked the teachers, they didn't know what I was talking about."

"The Brotherhood was created from the belief of human never seeing us as equals and would eventually turn on mutants completely."

The Brotherhood seemed... promising.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to harm hum—people, but when does it stop?
When will the harassment, hate, and oppression stop for us?