04

CHAPTER FOUR

EXODUS

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

One Year Ago

    I was in the woods in the middle of a cold snowy night, I was in my pajamas, no coat, mitten, or scarf needed. I could never feel the cold in this type of weather; my lips never turned blue nor frostbite ever crawled on my skin.

    I laid on the snow, looking up at the starry sky with snowflakes falling. It was a beautiful sight. I though got an idea as I stared off.

    I got up and shakes my hands to get ready. It would be occasionally for me to actually release my power, in the early morning at this time of the year, it was perfect. I used my abilities to make the snowflakes circle around me, which happened. With my ice powers, I added on and on to the tornado. I smile as my plan goes to work, I then made a small tamable blizzard, surrounding me.

    The blizzard gave comfort. It gave me a sense of freedom that most mutants don't have - the freedom of showing your specialness.

    It all went to a bad idea, when I heard people making there way toward me.

    I freaked out. That lead my powers to stop the blizzard and shoot out the snowflakes that turned into crystals around me, like it was a defense mechanism.

    I heard the people come closer to here I was, so I ran. I was far from my home, they would've caught me if I ran to my house, so I had to make a plan. I would have to go around to make it in my home, I knew the woods well enough to know where I was going, and by the time I would be in my home they should've lost me.
    The people then started to chase after me, I start to run as fast as possible when the gunshots start to fire.

    As I make my way around, I saw the hunters make their way toward me and the other half chasing me by my tailbone. I was cornered.

    I realized that I was by the pond that Jack and I skated on.
I had an idea that could end horribly, but I had nothing else for me.

    Heading right ahead would mean they would attack me at both ends and take the advantage of clashing together.

    I couldn't protect myself either. My powers aren't as contained when my emotions are out of place. I didn't even know how to fight them men off, I couldn't injure them or kill them with my abilities and just leave them to suffer in the cold, no matter how bad they deserved it.