Back

When you wake up, you're at first very confused. You can't quite remember what had happened, but you see that your laying in a bright room on a bed. It seems to be a hospital of some sort. You glance around, looking for more clues, when you notice Doppio next to you. Once he notices you're awake, he gives you a huge smile. "Y/N! Are you okay? How are you?". It takes you until this point to realize that you must have gotten in some sort of accident and you were in the hospital. "Y-yeah.. I feel fine... What happened though?". He looks at you sort of confused, as if he hadn't expected you to not remember, and then begun to explain. Once he realized the only part you didn't remember was the attic itself, he started over from there. He explained going into the attic, hearing the loud noise, and then how you suddenly fell and landed pretty bad on your arm. You look down at your arm, and for the first time notice that its in a cast. "I don't feel any pain in it.. am I on pain killers or something?". He looks at you concerned for a moment, and responds "Uh, I'm pretty sure you are yeah. I'll ask a doctor next time they come to check on you". After that, you two sat in peace, him holding the hand of your unbroken arm. It was, a surprisingly nice experience, being that you were in the hospital with a broken arm. You slipped in and out of consciousness, enjoying every moment. It was nice. After a few days of this, it got better to where you actually remembered everything and could stay awake for more than an hour at a time.

It was a few weeks before they let you leave the hospital, and so Doppio finally got to drive you home. Once you got there, you noticed at first that lot of your stuff was out of place. Then you realized that security had probably searched your entire apartment to find who or whatever had caused this. You turn to Doppio and say "Has security been here yet?". He gives you an awkward look and mutters "Yeah..". You look at him with an expectant face, and when he doesn't elaborate you ask him again "Well did they find what did this to me?". He hesitantly responds with "Well, yes. I didn't really want to tell you, but Olivia was actually the one in your apartment. The one that tripped you. They made her confess. She had tried to shove you down the attic trap door, to.. you get it. Apparently she had escaped from some asylum and had convinced some local people she had just moved in, including Bucciarati. She had wanted to steal me from you". You look at him in partial shock and awe, then disbelief. "So she was in my house the whole time? She was hiding in my house?". He confirms, and you sit down on the couch to take it all in. Some random girl I don't even really know tried to kill me.. The strange realness of it all sinks in, and you have a final thought before you assume you will lose it completely.

"Hey Doppio? Please never leave me."