Party! (Part 1)

You walk into your closet, thinking that now is a good time to get ready. It's 5:30, so you should have just enough time to take a shower, find an outfit, and put on some makeup. You take a nice 10 minute shower, brush your hair, and walk into your closet. You don't really know what kind of party it will be, but you assume it won't be fancy, so you grab a nice-ish T-shirt and some knee length shorts. You get dressed and go to find your makeup. You put it on minimally, and then check your phone. It reads 6:04, perfect timing.

You sit waiting on your couch for Doppio. When you hear his knock at the door, you quickly grab your bag and open it. "You look great!" Doppio compliments. This puts a smile on your face, and you say "Shall we?" With that you both start walking towards the elevator. At some point you hear him mumble "could I.. hold your hand?". Instead of responding, you interlock your fingers with his. Once you two exit the building, it's slightly chilly outside, colder than you had expected. Oh, I'll get through it.

The walk there was pretty uneventful. It took about 10 minutes, just like Doppio said, and when you saw the house you were astonished. It was huge, with all kinds of exotic plants and many, many windows. Somehow, it all looked perfectly in place though. "Nice house, huh?" You hear Doppio say to you. You nod your head enthusiastically, and follow him to the front door. He knocks once, but before he can even knock a second time someone opens the door and he almost punches them in the face. "Oh, sorry Bruno, didn't see you there." The man smiles and welcomes us in. He wears a strange white suit with black dots and zippers all over it, not to mention the giant heart shaped hole in the middle. He seems nice enough though, so you follow Doppio into the house.

There are only about 6 or 7 people there so far from what you could see, but more would probably be arriving since it was only 6:30. The only one you really recognized was Diavolo, your boss. You give him a quick wave, and follow Doppio into the living room. Two other people are sitting on the couch. Doppio says to them "Hey guys! I'd like you to meet Y/N, my new neighbor!". You for some reason feel slightly insulted at being referred to as just his neighbor, but don't say anything. Then again, what else are you to him? You and Doppio sit next to the two other people, who are revealed to be Narancia and Fugo.

After some idle chitchat, Doppio starts acting weird. He mumbles something along the lines of "I-I'll be right back.." and heads off. You just assume he needs to use the bathroom or something. You talk to Narancia and Fugo for about 10 more minutes before you decide to go try to find Doppio. Since you haven't been in this house before, you play it off as looking for the bathroom, and hope no one notices. You find a closed door that has a little restroom sign on it, so you knock. Doppios quavering voice come out from behind it. "W-who is it?" He says. "It's me, Y/N" you reply. "Oh. You can come in." He responds. You open the door, and he's standing in front of the sink. It looks like he's been crying. "Doppio! Is something wrong?" You exclaim. He try's to give you a smile (and fails) before saying "No, I'm fine. I just... it happened again, and it's really frustrating because I wanted to introduce you to these people and I can't even act like myself. I would be just as much as a stranger to you as they are." He seems like he's choking back sobs at this point. "Doppio, that doesn't matter to me! I'll still be your friend and talk and hang out with you and all the stuff we do!". Doppio looks unconvinced, and mutters "Really?". "Of course! Now come on, let's go get wasted!