First Day of Work

Your alarm starts to go off at 9 AM, signaling it is time for you to start getting ready for your first day of work! You slide out of bed, walking over to your closet to pick an outfit. Another bonus of this job is you don't have to wear any uniforms. You decide on a dark gray flannel to go with some light jeans, and then begin getting dressed. Once your dressed, you quickly use the bathroom and then head out of your living room to the kitchen. As you pass by your front door, you can hear a strange alarm from someone else's room. It almost sounded like "Turururururu". You don't know why, but this makes you laugh as you walk into the kitchen.

 You make yourself some toast and scrambled eggs, and as you are about to sit down to eat it, you hear a knock at the door. You get up and answer it, and the person on the other side is Doppio. "Good morning! I just wanted to make sure you were ok after your first night. I know living in a new place can be scary at first." He said to you. You gave him a smile, blushing slightly. "Thanks, I'm doing great. Would you like to come in for some breakfast?" He thinks about the offer, then checks the time on his phone. "Oh, nonono no thanks!" He quickly says. "I might be late for work if I take any longer than I am right now". You also check your phone, and realize you are almost running late. "Oh jeez! I'm about to be late too!" You nervously exclaim to him. "Oh? Where do you work?" "The Arancia Cafe" you tell him. He looks surprised, and says with a smile "I work there too! We could walk together if you'd like". You nod your head in agreement, then begin to walk down the hallway with him. You glance over, and ask "So if you don't mind me asking, why did you get all nervous when we were saying goodbye yesterday?" he looks a little nervous again, and replies "Oh, I'm so sorry about that. I have Multiple Personality Disorder, so I freak out a little when I feel like I'm about to have an attack". You give him an embarrassed look, and mutter "Oh, sorry.." He give you a big smile and says "Oh, it's ok. I'm sorry I bugged on you". 

By this time we had already gotten out of the elevator and gone into the lobby. The cafe was only a few blocks away from your apartment so you two didn't have to walk far, although you also didn't mind walking with him. He seemed pretty nice and friendly, so you hoped that you could get to know him better. Once you both arrive at the Arancia Cafe, you enter. Doppio half-yells "Bossu, we're heeereeee". A tall man with dark pink hair that has black spots comes out of a room and stands behind the counter. He says "Hello Doppio, how are you today?" Before Doppio can respond, he notices you standing a few feet back. "Oh hello miss, you must be our new arrival? Pardon me, but I don't quite remember your name." He politely says. You give him a smile while saying "Hello Mr. Diavolo, my name is Y/N. Nice to meet you again". He looks happy that you seem so polite, and he responds "Oh please, just call me Diavolo. It's nice to see you again also, Y/N. I'll be in the back room if either of you need anything, but it should be pretty empty on a Tuesday like this". Then, he returns back to the room he was in before. Doppio turns and looks at you. "Since it's your first day, you can serve the orders for now. Although since it will probably be empty for a bit, you can stay behind the counter with me until someone arrives". He tells you. You walk back to behind the counter with him, and you sit on a small bench while he sits on a stool behind the cash register. Your shift ends at 4 today, and it's currently 10:45, so you two definitely have some time to kill. At 12 someone finally comes in, and sits at a table after ordering a scone and a regular coffee. Doppio grabs their order, and I take it from him to the customer. I thought I saw Doppio watching me from the corner of my eye, but it was probably just him making sure I was doing it right. I head back over and sit back down behind the counter. Doppio says "I like your outfit today, flannel looks good on you". You blush a little and reply "Thanks, I like yours a lot too". He was wearing a cute outfit, a purple crop-top sweater and some matching dark purple jeans that had little golden studs on them. He smiled at me, and I smiled back. I had a feeling that we were going to become pretty good friends. But until then, we had a long day of work together.