It's Okay..

(I do not know much about MPD or its affects on people and their mental health, sorry if this chapter is inaccurate or offensive to some.)

That afternoon, once we got off work, Doppio invited me to his apartment. I didn't have any other plans for the day, so I agreed to join him. While we're walking back, he says "Do you want to stop somewhere and get something to eat?" I look at him confused, as I had only just realized how hungry I was. I ask "How did you know I was hungry?". He smiles, saying "Well I noticed that when I knocked on your door this morning that I had interrupted your breakfast, and then I saw that you never got anything from the cafe, so now I feel bad and want to get you something". You blush at this, surprised he had noticed all that and was being so considerate. You respond "No, it's ok, I can get something to eat from my apartment before I head to yours." He looks at you slightly disappointed, saying "Please, I completely ruined your breakfast and you must be hungry. At least let me cook you something?" He seemed to be panicking and even overreacting a little, and then you remember his MPD.

He sits down on a bench and starts crying, which makes you feel even worse. You sit next to him, rubbing his back and comforting him as he sobs. He buries his face in your sleeve, and you whisper "Hey, Doppio, it's ok. I would love to go somewhere with you or eat at your apartment or anything you would want". Your face blushes as you realize this is actually true, you would love to go to a restaurant with him or something of the sort, but you didn't want to cause him a hassle. Your not quite sure where these feelings are coming from, but you think you might be developing an interest. That doesn't matter right now though, you just want to make him feel better. He lifts his face to look at you as he sobs "Th-thank you so much Y/N.. I'm so sorry I have to put you through this in public.. please forgive me?" You look at him surprised, and hug him while saying "No Doppio, it's ok! I don't mind at all." Your combination of hug and words makes him blush, and he lifts his sleeve to try and hide it while he wipes his tears. I look up and notice some people are staring at us, so I help him stand up and put my arm around his shoulder to guide him back to our apartments. Once we get to the lobby, we decide to wait until there is no one waiting for the elevator before going up.

When we get to Doppio's apartment, he goes and sits down on the couch. He seems to have finally calmed down, which makes me feel a little better. All the sudden, he looks up and seems to remember I was still there, so he goes to make some grilled cheeses for us. "I can do that for us, only if you want" I tell him. He smiles and says "No, it's ok, I really have put you through a lot today". "Oh it's not a big deal." I say, smiling back. Once the grilled cheeses are done, I am shocked. Who knew that something as simple as a grilled cheese could be so good? "Wow Doppio, this is really frickin' good!" You exclaim. He blushes once more and mutters something you don't quite catch. You two spend the next hour getting to know each other, talking about your interests and what you do for hobbies and such. Once you are about to leave, he looks nervously down at the ground while quickly saying "Uhh Y/N? Would you maybe like to maybe.. I dunno.. go grab some lunch or something at a restaurant? It's no big deal if you don't or anythi-". You cut him off with a big smile and say "Yeah, of course I would!" With that he looks up, seeming genuinely happy you agreed, and tells you the restaurant he had in mind. Since the next day was Wednesday, you both have the day off. You almost ask him if it's a date, but then realize that would be silly. "No- he wouldn't ask me on a date.." you whisper to yourself, already halfway out of the door. He hears you, looking at you nervously as he says "What did you say?" You blush and reply "Uhh.. it was nothing" with an awkward smile. He gives you a strange look, and says "Well, I know we just met yesterday but.. it could be if you wanted it to..." Your face turns a bright shade of red, and once he sees this he exclaims "Uh- Ahhhh! Only if you would want!! You know what, uh forget I said anything! Ahah-". He is paying attention to his now twitching fingers. He looks on the verge of another breakdown, his face even brighter than yours, and you realize he is right, you two only just met yesterday. Either way, you can't really help these feelings, and if there is a chance he feels the same way.. "I would love to go on a date with you" you quickly say. He looks up at you, genuinely stunned, and before he can reply you shut the door and run into your apartment.