(Not) Talking

You wake up the next morning with a feeling a dread. In fact, you didn't really have to wake up as you barely even slept. Today is the day your supposed to go on your date/lunch break with Doppio. Is it even a date anymore? You know you both agreed it could be a date, but your not so sure at this point. You put on a thick black shirt with poofy sleeves, and some jeans. You go out and into my kitchen once more, but this time you don't even get to start making breakfast before you hear another knock at you door. You nervously get up, walking over to it. You don't even bother looking through the peep-hole, you already know who its going to be. You open the door, only to be met by a very tired looking Doppio. He says "Can I come in?" in a very quiet voice. "Of course you can!" you say, a little bit shocked.

 You open the door wider for him to come in, and you both walk over to he couch, sitting down. He gives you an awkward look, and says "Do you want to talk about what happened yesterday?" you blush, and reply "I mean.. only if you to...". You both just kind of stare at each other for a few seconds, and then silently agree to not talk about it. Its dead silent, so you grab the remote to turn on the TV. The first thing that comes on is some nature show, so you leave it at that. After a few more minutes of sitting in silence, you ask "Doppio, are you ok? You look really tired." He gives you a weak smile and says "No, I'm ok, just didn't sleep very well. Thanks." As soon as he says this, he yawns and you can see he eyes start to droop. You give him a look and say "We can always reschedule if you want to get some rest". At first he looks slightly offended by this, and says "Well, I don't know if I'm up for going out anywhere, but could we just hang out here?" You give him a big smile and say "Sure!". You scoot closer to him on the couch, and place your hand next to his, almost touching it. He moves his hand onto yours, which startles you for a second, but then you enjoy it. His hands are soft, and warm. Very comforting.

You both just sit like that for a while, until you look over at him and see he's fallen asleep. He looks very cute when he's sleeping, his face calm and relaxed, a little wisp of pink hair drooping over his face. You reach over to the other side of the couch with all the pillows, and grab one for him to rest his head on. After a few minutes, you realize your also very tired, as you weren't the only one who didn't sleep well last night. As you start to move off the couch and into your bedroom, Doppio starts to stir. Every time you try to slip away, he comes closer to awakening. Not wanting to wake him up, you decide that the only options would be to sleep where you are, which would be very uncomfortable, or rest your head on his lap. You don't want to seem weird or make him uncomfortable, but the idea of sleeping so close to him also makes you happy. You rest your head on his lap, closing your eyes. It might be weird when he wakes up, you think. But for now, I might as well make the moment last.

Sorry this one is so short and boring, I needed a filler chapter and also that seemed like a good enough place to end. Also, how the frick did i get almost 50 read in like 3 days? 150 reads!? Wow, you guys are awesome!