Chapter 4

It's five thirty and I woke up at the sound of the alarm. It's monday. I got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom and took a short bath.

After dressing up I went towards my brother's room and knocked on the door but he didn't answer. Huh that's weird where he would go early in the morning. I made my way to the kitchen and saw him standing in the kitchen counter wearing a towel on his head 'Maybe he just finished bathing' I thought.....wait is he cooking? This is the first time he cooked since he came back. I was about to greet him but I decided to scare him a bit, you know just for fun.

I went behind him slowly making sure he didn't know my presence. 

I jump on his back and tackle him with my right hand grabbing his neck and pulling him down forcefully.

"Aha! Got you!!" I said still holding his neck and laughing but it's weird he didn't scream as much as he did before except he grunted a bit.

I turn towards him still laughing and said,

"Haha lemme look at your terrible fac-" I turned his head to face me when I realised...

I got the wrong one...

'Yugyeom'

~🐣~

"I'm so sorry!! I thought you were my brother. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." I say and keep on apologizing.

"It's alright," he said as he laughed awkwardly.

"I'm really sorry. Does it hurt?" I ask, feeling guilty.

"Ah- no don't worry it doesn't hurt that much anymore." he said laughing the same way he did before while holding an ice pack on the side of his neck.

I was feeling really embarrassed and guilty right now. I looked down at my own two feet and fiddled with my fingers.

"By the way, where is oppa?" I ask as I try to change the topic and get out of this uncomfortable atmosphere.

"He went to buy stuff from the convenience store this morning," he said.

"Oh" that's all that came out of my mouth and didn't utter a word after that. It's awkward.

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here early in the morning?"

"Uh, actually I was here last night. Your brother insisted that I stay since it's too late last night. I'm sorry if I cause any inconvenience." he looked embarrassed.

"Oh no..I'm fine with it. Don't worry." with that we both went silent again.

"I guess I should go now or I'm gonna be late for work."I decided to break the silence and look at my wrist watch.

"Oh yeah sure, take care." he said and I got up from my seat and made my way towards the door after I waved and smiled at him softly making my way out of my own apartment.

~🐣~

At work.
I reached the pet shop in 20 minutes and I got inside and I was greeted by my co-worker.

"Good morning Unnie." she said with a gloomy tone.

"Good morning Yuna. Why do you seem so upset today? Is everything okay?"

"Nothing, It's just that Chan is not coming today cause he's not feeling very well." she sighs.

"What? How bad is it this time?" I ask. Chan has had a weak immune system ever since he was a kid and would get sick easily and he would get fired from any place he works but I'm not like that towards him.

"It's not that bad, I mean he dropped by this morning looking like a zombie but I guess he's fine." she chuckled.

"But I think we should go check on him later." I said.

"But why are you looking so down? You're not usually like this." She still looked at me a sigh again.

"Chan's not here that means I'll have to work on behalf of him too." she held her small face in her hands and placed them on the table.

"That's all? I mean you don't have to do all the work Chan does, it's not necessary" I said and laughed a bit because of her silly excuse for being gloomy.

"But unnie, I told you I have an important business today, you can't do this to me" she pouted.

"Okay I know you have a 'date' but stay till noon can you?" I wanted to tease her a bit. Plus I never liked her boyfriend. He's such a player but in yuna's eyes, he's the best boyfriend she could ever ask. *Barf barf*

"Unnie please...please I promise this is the last time. I PROMISE!!" she begged me and I laughed.

"Okay you can go. But don't have too much fun though." I laughed and she did too.

"Thank you so much, you're the best" she came and hugged me and I hugged back.

"But you said this is your last time" she looked at me with a disappointed face.

"You're a meanie." she pouted and rolled her eyes playfully.

"Okay I'm just joking...chill" and we both went back to work.

It's twelve am and we've already got a lot of customers today. There were kids too, screaming and running up and down the whole shop. It was quite annoying. I just wish Yuna was here. She'll know how to handle them, but I have to control myself for now. Don't get me wrong okay I like kids, it's just that sometimes they get too unbearable. 

I sigh "Today's gonna be a long day"

______________________________________

I'll stop here since I'm out of ideas.........
So leave your thoughts in the comment section and don't forget to vote.

Bye now my adorable earthlings💫