"Alright, y'all let's get it together," Kay instructed as she grabbed the bags of chips while Rocky grabbed the drinks.

All of us relocated to Nicki's living room where we sat around on the floor, turned on the radio, and started to eat and chat.

"Resolutions." Rocky brought up. "Mine is to be Student Body President."

"I wanna not get suspended again," Kaylen said, taking a sip of her Sprite. "Oh, and for boys to leave me the hell alone."

"Amen." Nicki reached over, the two doing our handshake. "I wanna get my license."

"Bitch, you just took mine." Will glared at her.

Nicki was unbothered as she took a sip of her drink. "Come up with another one."

"That was the only one I thought about!"

"Okay!" I snapped with a smile. "I'll go while you think of something."

"I know what yours is." Will smirked.

I knew exactly where this was going, and I was not tryna go there. "Will, stop."

"You tryna get it on with Q." She smiled. Nicki let out a scream of laughter. "You tryna get it onnnnn."

The girls instantly started to make a mess tryna tease me, making me wanna go run and hide somewhere. "That's not what I was gonna say!" I screamed.

"What were you gonna say?" Rocky curiously after they calmed down. "On some real shit."

"I just wanna be happy." I responded simply. "And for all of us to stay out of trouble."

"Aww!" Kay threw a chip at me with a smile.

"Girl, stop playing like that you know my mom doesn't like eating in the living room!" Nicki instantly snapped.

"Will, you got anything to add?" Kay asked, just ignoring Nicki.

"I'm just trying make some money."

"The right way." Rocky added.

"Yeah, we'll go with that." Will shrugged.

I couldn't help but send her a shove at that. Even though the four girls around me were able to get on my nerves like no one's business, I wouldn't have wanted go into '95 with any other crew.

🖤

"What are you doing?" I asked, looking at Quincy curiously as he just got up while we were watching a Christmas movie on the TV in his living room.

Christmas had passed, but I didn't mind that people were still in the spirit. The vibe gave me the perfect opportunity to suggest a cozy night in and some cuddling. But him walking away in the middle of it all was having me puzzled.

"I'll be back."

"Where are you going?"

"Two seconds."

I let out a breath and laid back down in my previous position on the couch, focusing on the TV. Until Quincy came back in the room, blocking my view.

"I got you something."

"No, you didn't," I denied, sitting up, looking at him.

"Yes, I did." The smile on his face had me questioning whether he was joking or not. He was grinning so hard and seemed so excited, it almost felt like he was gonna burst into laughter and tell me he was kidding.

I eyed him suspiciously, not buying what he was tryna sell. "You already got me a Christmas present."

Q revealed a small black box from behind his back, making my eyes widen a bit. "I got you another one." He smiled.

"What is that?" I instantly demanded, moving to sit properly on the couch. "Why would you get me something else?"

Quincy just took a seat beside me, placing the box on my lap. "Open it."

I frowned, feeling weird at the surprise. "Are you being serious right now?"

Q chuckled at my reaction. "Yes. This is for you. So open it. I think you might like it."

"What is it, though? I'm nervous."

"Baby, open it." He encouraged once more with a smile.

I just took a deep breath before opening the box, a gasp escaping my lips as I saw a gold necklace with a sparkling Q pendant staring back at me.

"Are you kidding me?" I looked to him with a shocked expression before pulling the necklace out and holding it in front of me to get a better look. "It's so pretty, babe."

"You really like it?" He questioned with hesitance.

"I love it," I responded. I found myself feeling a bit emotional as I pouted, turning my head to him. "Thank you so much."

Q pecked my lips. "Lemme put it on you." I handed it over, letting him put it around my neck.

I turned back to him, placing a kiss on his lips, not helping to feel slight guilt. Why hadn't I thought of getting him anything this special? "I didn't get you anything."

"You didn't need to. This is way overdue anyway." He adjusted the necklace, moving his head back, smiling at what he saw. "Perfect."

I leaned in for another kiss, words not enough to express the thankfulness and immense love I felt. He kissed me back, matching my passion. The slow and teasing kisses left me feeling weak, my body melting into his as I lost myself in his touch.

There was no doubt in my mind that Quincy was the one for me.

I would wear his name around my neck proudly, forever if he asked me to.

When he kissed me, I felt sparks. When he touched me, I felt like I was on fire. And when I was around him, nothing else mattered. We were in love, a love strong enough that I thought we could go through anything by each other's side.

It all happened so slow, yet so quickly. One minute, we were kissing each other lovingly on his couch, and the next, my back was against his mattress, and he was throwing his shirt off of his body. The two of us indulging in our built-up desire, as we feverishly and desperately craved more of each other.

With the way he kissed my skin, held my body, and said my name, I was ready to give him all of me, with no regrets.

So that's what I did.