𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝟏𝟖|𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧

halloween

it had been almost 7 months since i had last seen Kyle

it had been almost 7 months since i had last seen Kyle. walking through the brisk streets of NYC refreshed me. the month of october was nearing its end meaning it was only a matter of days until halloween. "have you decided what you're wearing or?" Ben asked me with an eye roll, i was extremely indecisive and the party we were attending was tomorrow night. i has so many ideas, but i just couldn't choose. "hey stop being mean, i just can't decide," i said with a pout, he smiled at me displaying his rosy cheeks. "you know what, i'll just go as a cat," i said with a huff, it was simple, easy, not too much effort, perfect.

we bought a black tutu for me to wear and a pair of cat ears, i'd pair it with a long sleeve black shirt i had at home. "now my little lady, i will pick you up at 7, don't be late," Ben smiled and kissed my cheek, "i won't," i smiled with a slight blush on my face. the truth was i hadn't told Ben i liked him, i didn't want to be rejected, i didn't want to ruin our friendship, i loved him so much i just couldn't hurt him.

i had spent a few hours getting ready and making sure i wouldn't forget anything. it was nearing 7pm and i was looking at my phone waiting for his call. i then heard a car horn from outside, i looked from my window and there was Ben with a smile waving to me. he was just so cute. i ran down to him and got into his car. "you look so adorable," he said not taking his eyes off me, "like you sir," i said kissing his cheek. we got the apartment of the party and instantly walked to the kitchen for drinks. we greeted our friends and let loose.

"there is no way you are drunk already," i laughed watching Ben sway as he tried to walk. "shhhhh," he whispered making me laugh even more. suddenly i heard someone shout. "all you ever do is fucking talk about her," a girl shouted. Ben and i looked at eachother with mischievous faces, we loved to watch the drama. "oh fuck you, you don't even know what love is," a boy shouted; but the thing is, i knew this voice, i could recognise it in any room. "Kyle," i whispered, so quiet no one could hear. "maybe i fucking don't but at least he didn't talk about his ex while i was with him," the girl said, Ben and i peak our head around the corner and inside of a room was Kyle, a girl, and another guy. "how long have you been cheating on me with him?" Kyle signed running a hand through his hair. Ben and i looked at eachother with wide eyes this time. "like two months, i can't cope with you talking about that fucking girl anymore, it's weird Kyle. you're my boyfriend yet you still keep a picture of you and her in your wallet, you named a song after her but not after me? fuck yourself," she shouted. he still kept a photo of me and him? my heart swelled. he named a song after me? i could have died in that moment.

"should i do something?" i whispered to Ben. i could tell he was hurt that i'd be seeing Kyle again, he knew Kyle always hurt me. he nodded and closed his eyes. i walked into the room and the girl squinted her eyes at me, "um we are kinda busy here," she said rudely, i nodded. Kyle just watched me with wide eyes, "Mel?" he said. "wait, this is fucking Melody? why are you here? leave, he doesn't want you," she said, i just rolled my eyes. "Kyle i think i should get you out of here," i said smiling at his pirate costume. "i think this isn't your place to take him," she said walking closer to me, "you're not his girlfriend anymore hun," she fake smiled. "neither are you," Kyle said making both of our mouths drop. "what?" she shouted. i tried to conceal my laughter, i just looked at Kyle and knew he was trying too. suddenly we both laughed loudly making her stomp her foot in a strop. "hey, you can do better," Kyle said to the guy who had previously been revealed as his girlfriends side piece. "i swear i didn't even know she had a man, sorry," he said with a sign. "don't stress about it, just know, you can do better," he said walking out of the room. before i knew it he took my hand into his and we were back in the main room of the party. i looked to his eyes and smiled.

my eyes scanned the room for Ben, i saw him laughing and dancing with a pretty blonde girl. he looked really happy. i felt a twinge of jealousy in my heart however i then looked to the man who had his hand in mine and smiled. maybe it was just meant to be like this. "let's go," he whispered to me before beginning to pull me to the door. i looked to Ben one last time and he gave me a sweet smile and a little wave. he really had the best heart in this world.

"where are we going?" i laughed as Kyle pulled me through the streets of New York. he looked at me in admiration and just continued to pull me. we got to a small studio and he unlocked the door. "i'm going to show you the song i wrote, i have recorded here," he said with a proud look. i couldn't take my eyes from him, "i love you," i said without thinking, i just let the words slip. he looked at me with wide eyes, "still? after everything?" he said losing his goofy smile for a moment, i nodded slowly. he smiled close to me and cupped my face with his big hands. "i never stopped," i smiled. "me too Mel, never. i haven't had a day go by that i don't regret leaving your apartment that day, i just love you so much more than i even knew," he said pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"you ready to hear it?" he smiled, i nodded. "so ready," i smiled back to him.
(song in the top thingy)
he smiled and placed his arms on my hips. i placed my head on his chest and listened to the song. i really felt at home with the boy. "run away with me," he whispered. i looked at him and rolled my eyes, "maybe one day," i laughed, he shook he head, "when we are done with collage, we can run away together, get a house, have a family, finally be happy," he said holding me close. "we will see when the time comes," i said tucking a piece of his hair behind his ear. "do you think you'd ever marry me?" he said, i nodded while nuzzling my head into his chest. "i've dreamt about it since we were 17," i said, i could feel his heartbeat speed up. "me too Mel," he said sweetly.