𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝟖| 𝐈 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐖𝐞𝐫𝐞

i wish you were

i had avoided Kyle for the last month, i am pretty sure he started dating Ladybird, i mean it hurt but i saw it coming

i had avoided Kyle for the last month, i am pretty sure he started dating Ladybird, i mean it hurt but i saw it coming. i got a job at a cafe just to pass the time, i really didn't need the money but i just needed an excuse to get out of meeting with the group. today it was my shift so i got ready and opened up the shop, my co-worker Adam came in with me and we set up for the day.

"customer outside," Adam said, i walked out to go ask what they needed but was shocked by the person i greeted. "Kyle?" i questioned, he lifted his head and smiled.
"it's been a while," he said placing his book down, "what would you like today?" i asked, he looked confused. "oh from the cafe, just a black coffee," he said, i nodded and walked away. Adam made the coffee and i went to serve him. "thank you," he said, "have a nice day," i replied walking into back to the cafe. "hey wait Melody," he said, i rolled my eyes and walked back to him, "yes?" i tried to fake a smile.
"try not to hate me forever, i actually miss you," he said, i wanted to be angry but honestly his words warmed my heart.
"i missed you too Kyle," i smiled, "you got plans tonight?" he asked, "hey i wasn't flirting Kyle," i laughed. "i wish you were," his words caused my heart to flutter. "you have a girlfriend don't you? you can't be saying that stuff," i scoffed, "i don't do relationships," he said. so he wasn't with Ladybird? "i'll pick you up at 7," he said, i didn't reply, i just walked back into the cafe quite overwhelmed.

"who is that? he is so good looking," Adam said watching Kyle through the window, "he's called Kyle, he goes to the boys school," Adam nodded, "he is hardcore staring at you right now," Adam laughed. i turned to look at him and made eye contact at an instant, i gave him a patronising smile and got back to work.
once i got home i tried to think of an excuse to not see Kyle, i didn't want to be involved with him again, he was toxic. yet i guess i was majorly attracted to toxic boys.

i got ready and walked outside to wait for him, he pulled up with a smile. "i didn't think you'd be waiting for me," he said as his eyes followed the road, "where are we going today?" i said, "my house," he smiled. "Kyle i am not going to hook up with you so if that's what you want just leave me here," i huffed. he shook his head with a smile, "my cousin is getting married next week and i need a date to the wedding, you. i told my parents about you, who i may or may not have lied to and said you were my girlfriend, and they wanted to meet you tonight," my mouth fell open. "what the fuck Kyle? why didn't you get Ladybird to come? this is why i hate you," i turned away from him in the car he just smiled. "i think we both know you do not hate me or you wouldn't be with me right now, plus Ladybird isn't like you, id much rather have you as my fake girlfriend," his words weirdly made me smile. once we got out of the car he came close to me, "we have been dating for six months, we met at a charity event," he whispered before taking my hand.

i was extremely anxious walking into his house, i heard his mother coming towards us, i just gave Kyle an annoyed look before preparing myself for the night.
"hello i am Kyle's mum, please don't call me Mrs Scheible, it's Erica," she pulled me into a hug which i did not expect. she smelled nice, she also seemed very loving, opposite to Kyle. wait. Scheible, that was his last name. "hey i'm Melody... Kyle's girlfriend," i said, i wanted to shrivel into a ball as i said that word, 'girlfriend,' Kyle's hand gripped mine tighter as a sign of thanks. "we are going to chill in my room, just shout us when dinners ready," Kyle said pulling me into his room.

it had been a while since i was last in here, it still the same. i huffed and flopped onto his bed, he sat beside me and chuckled. "this isn't funny to me," i said sitting up, without warning he put his arm around me, i sighed, "i don't know if i can hold up the whole girlfriend act," i said placing my head on his shoulder. "i think you're doing just fine," he said, i rolled my eyes. "you look nice tonight," he smiled, "ah you are good at this whole boyfriend act Kyle, you just teach me your ways," i smiled.

"i have a few ideas," he said, i moved my head from his shoulder and looked up at him, i waited for him to speak but all he did was stare at me. "hello," i whispered waiting for him to give his 'few ideas' but all he did was look at me with those big green eyes. without thinking i tucked
a stray curl behind his ear. i quickly pulled my hand away but he took it into his, i tilted my head to the left in confusion. a small smile appeared on his face, however it was different, it wasn't the same patronising one i usually saw, it was genuine and sweet. he softly placed his hand on my left cheek, i was mesmerised in the moment, so lost in his soft touch. the next thing i knew his soft lips were attached to mine. he moved his hand to the small of my back and pulled me closer to him. he pulled me to sit on him and held my waist tightly, i ran my hands through his smooth curls. i pulled from the kiss realising what was happening, his hands still held tightly onto me, i must admit it was conforming, i didn't move from being sat on him but i shook my head. "but that's what people do in relationships," he smirked, i rolled my eyes with a smile, "you are cute," i whispered kissing his forehead lightly. i could tell his was flustered by my words, "just like you mon amour," he said wrapping his arms tightly around me as a hug. i giggled and held him tightly. i knew it was just a fake relationship and would be over in a week but i liked what was happening, i'd never had it before. "Kyle, Melody, food is done," we heard his mum shout. he lifted me from him and i laughed, he took my hand into his with that sweet smile again and we walked to his dining room.

"nice to meet you Melody, i'm Steve," Kyle's dad said, "it's lovely to meet you Sir," i smiled taking a seat next to Kyle.
after eating a wonderful meal we all began to properly talk, "so how did you meet?" his mum asked, "charity event," we both said at the same time, i wanted to laugh but composed myself. "we were both helping out raising money for the shelter," i said, Kyle looked at me proudly for maintaining the lie. "so Kyle tells me you have been dating for six months, i don't know how you cope," his mother laughed, i let out a chuckle, not because of what she said but due to the fact i have only been in this town for 5 months and we had been 'dating' for 6. "gosh i don't know how i do sometimes," i said, i felt Kyle's hand creep onto my thigh and hold it tightly. i looked over to him with a smile, i could see he was proud of me maintaining our dating story. after getting to know his parents i decided i needed to leave. Kyle took me out to the car and started driving.

"they really like you, they believed it all," he laughed, i smiled proudly, "who wouldn't like me?" i said with sarcasm.
"there was one minor detail i forgot to tell you," Kyle said, i rolled my eyes, of course. "the wedding is out of town, you will have to share a room with me and Jonah and Jen may or may not be invited to the wedding," he said. i wanted to punch him, but i just couldn't after tonight. "fuck Kyle, we can't fake date in front of them, we will have to tell them about it," i said, he nodded. "so you don't care about the room?" he smirked, this time i did punch him, only lightly. "Kyle i think you and i have both been in much more intimate situations," i laughed, "but if you dare touch me in my sleep, the slightest of a poke, i will not hesitate to beat you up," i said as he pulled up to my house. i opened the car door but hesitated to get out, "i enjoyed tonight," i smiled, i closed the door and tried to made my way to my house quickly without him mocking me. i heard him honk his horn and i wanted to hide, i just looked back to him, a smile on his face, "me too," was all he said before driving off.

————————-————————-————
AUTHORS NOTE
hey guys, i am going to be going on a lil break, maybe for a week or so, maybe more, i'm going through some stuff right now and i feel i need some time to myself. i hope you are all coping in these hard times and i love you all 💘