Chapter 14.5

"You said you liked me, didn't you? Gold also likes me. You have competition, I'm just saying. But since Gold tells you everything, I figured that you already know that, don't you?"

~~~

[Red's POV]

Her words struck my heart like a dagger. I love her-I really do, I just can't bring myself to say it out loud.

"Gold doesn't have a chance with you, Skylar. We both know it." I didn't mean to upset her! Maybe I shouldn't have confessed my feelings for her. I can wait, alright. I've been waiting for more than a year to tell her how I really feel.

Skylar sighed. "Maybe you know me a little too well than Gold does."

"I'm really sorry, Skylar. I shouldn't have said that. I didn't mean to upset you." Maybe I don't have a chance with her, either.

"Do you want me to be honest with you, Red?" she asked. "I... don't know how to react to this... Does Silver know?"

"He said it's fine. I already have his approval." I assured her. Months ago, Skylar. If only you knew.

Skylar buried her face in her hands, and I was afraid she was starting to cry.

"Aaaaaaaaagh-I don't know what to say Red I'm sorry but please don't assume that I just want to remain friends because I don't know I'm sorry! I'm so flustered ugh this is embarrassing what should I do I don't know!"

Sorry, but I can't help but smile a little. She was freaking out and panicking about what to do-or what to say, and I have to say, I found it cute. I'm serious.

"If it's okay with you, could you dance with me?" I asked, noticing the song changed again for a slow dance.

"Okay." she replied, and hurriedly dragged me to the dance floor.