Prologue

Clink. Clink. Swink.

The boy stumbled back, defenseless. His sword was flung a few meters behind the girl. The girl had her blade an inch away from his throat. This was one of those rare times when the boy's sword was struck out of his hand. He smiled at her, knowing that he had lost in their match.

"You've improved so much than the first time we had our training session. Until next time then, Skylar. You are free to go." the hazel-eyed boy said, standing up and picked up his blade, placing it back into its sheath.

"Wait, so that's it? No more self-defense training?" Skylar asked, doing the same.

"What for? You can already control yourself, with or without the hot chocolate drink." the boy said, walking away. A mixture of crushed peppermint and powdered herbs were added at first, to help the girl calm down whenever her she loses her temper. But even when she learned to control her rage, it seems that Skylar has gotten an addiction to the drink, regardless of its calming properties.

"What about the weapons? What I should I do with them?" she asked again.

"You know when and what to do with them, Skylar."

"Hey Sensei, wait up." the girl said and caught up with him. "Are you kicking me out?" she frowned.

The boy laughed. "You only see your friends once a month. Don't you think it's time for you to make up for your absence? I'm sure they miss you."

"But Sensei, what about you? You still haven't found a cure for Merirosvo. You said that we would help each other out."

He smiled at her, his sandy brown hair glinting in the moonlight. "Now is not the time. You need to go back to your friends now. I already promised remember? I'll contact you as soon as I get a hint of where they are now. You needn't worry about a thing, you know how to channel your emotions into power. Everything that I taught you, will be put into good use at the right time. Go ahead. Your friends miss you."

Skylar grabbed his wrist, which made him flinched a bit. He wasn't used to being touched at all, regardless of the girl's attachment to him over the past months. "Sensei, I know training's over but.... You don't have to force me to leave, I can stay longer. Not that I pity you, but you could still use my company." she said.

"Skylar, I appreciate your offer, but you've been gone far too long from your friends. Go back. Don't worry about me. If you're worried about their reactions, just act normal- act how you used to before meeting Aqlastic. You can handle yourself, your emotions, your skills- you don't need me to train you anymore. That is an order."

The girl hesitated for a moment before letting go of his wrist. "Alright, Sensei."

"And before you leave- please drop the Sensei. We're both equal in ranks now. Remember," he said.

"Go force it in, don't let it go. Conceal what you feel, don't let them know. Unless it's your honor you want to show." Skylar continued for him.

"Excellent. You may go." The boy turned around, half-expecting her to see her flying away on her Charizard. But she wasn't. She was still there, staring at him with a hesitant look on her face.

"Skylar. That is an order." the boy reminded her.

"Right." Skylar nodded and sent out her Charizard, then rode on its back, flying off into the night sky.

The boy watched as she left. Everything that he could do to help her had been done. Although he wouldn't admit that he would miss her, he wouldn't deny it either. He smiled. He knew he'll be seeing her again.

Soon.