Thea woke up right as I pulled away from her. I didn't know what to say to her but Thea didn't run like I thought she might have.

            "Just breath Ashlyn, I'm right here." She said and cupped my cheek to make me focus on  her. Her other hand grabbed my right hand and pressed it up against her chest. I felt her strong and steady heart beat and I was able to calm down.

            "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked as she removed her hand from my cheek.

            The early morning sun was starting to try and makes its way through my curtains and illuminated just enough of the room to give Thea a godly glow. Her blonde hair almost created a halo effected again just like the night on the bridge.

            "I just release my second album and things were going really great for me. I really started to make some money, my album was on the top of the charts and life was great. At my album release party I met a woman named Gina. The venue had a little outdoor patio in the back and I was getting some air when she asked if I had a lighter for her cigarette. I didn't but she ended up finding hers and we talked while she smoked. We hit it off right away and she made me so happy. It was the happiest I think I ever was. We were in a relationship for almost a year before Bobby found out.

            "At that point I was just starting to learn what a complete asshat Bobby could be. So hiding my relationship with Gina gave me some control over my life and I didn't want to run the risk of Bobby finding out. Gina didn't mind hiding our relationship, she came from a conservative family who didn't approve of anything LGBTQ related so for me it was a win-win.

            "As our one year anniversary started to get closer I really felt like I could spend the rest of my life with her. I wanted to do something special so I wrote her a song and flew her out to a show. She was waiting in the wings while I was on stage and towards the end I wanted to play the song for her. So I did and I poured my heart out in that song.

            "Bobby watched the whole thing and confronted me about it when I saw him the next day. I told him about my relationship and the next day I was being sued by my label for breach of contract. Not only did I have to break things off with Gina but I ended up paying close to 5 million dollars in fines to avoid a complete breach.

            "The nightmare was about how Bobby killed Gina when he found out about the relationship. I woke up when I saw her get stabbed."

            Thea took everything I said in and didn't interrupt me. She didn't say anything and pulled me into her. I felt her kiss the crown of my head and sighed.

            "I would never let anything like that happen." Thea said quietly. It made my heart warm whenever she would hint at the possibility of us being in a relationship.

            "Come with me?" I asked and looked up into her eyes.

            Thea nodded and followed as I got out of bed. She met me by the door and I took her hand in mine and pulled her down the stairs behind me. We walked towards the alcove in the living room and I sat down on the piano bench. Thea sat next to me as I lifted the key cover and pressed a few keys to judge by ear where I need to start.

            Once I found my position I started to play the song, her song. I originally titled it Break In but after that night, I just called it Gina's Song. It always will be for her and what she made me feel during the time we were together. The last time I saw her I gave her the audio file.

Put your lighter in the air and lead me back home

When it's all said and done I'll follow the echoes