Recovery

Harry uncurled from his sleep, stretching like a newborn kitten. His limbs ached, but he felt stronger than before. His sudden stretches woke Draco, who had drifted off shortly after Harry in the early hours of the day.

Draco almost fell of his bed, obviously briefly forgetting the events of the previous night. As the cloud of sleep retreated and his memories caught up with him, he gave a beaming smile to Harry. They spoke no words. Their eyes said enough.

The intensity of the moment was broken when Molly came bounding through the double doors of Harry's hospital room.

"Harry! Harry I thought I lost you." Molly wept, practically throwing herself down at Harry's bedside, clinging to his still aching from. He winced slightly, alerting Draco to his discomfort. Draco let out a warning snarl. Molly complied and let go, instead gently grabbing Harry's hand.

"Harry mate don't scare me like that again do you understand. That's twice you have almost died on us." Ron quipped, coming up behind his mother with Hermione.

"I can't take it again Harry." Hermione whispered. She looked like she hadn't stopped crying, fresh tears still staining her red face. Harry felt a pang of guilt. He looked to his lap at a loss of what to say other than, "I'm sorry."

Everyone stared at him in shock as he began to shake with tears.

"Harry, this wasn't your fault. Don't blame yourself." Draco cooed, cradling the boy in his arms as he cried. "Your magic took over, that's all. We will learn to control it I am sure."

"Actually, I don't think he will." Hermione piped up. She clearly knew something no one else did, as they looked at her with equal shock and curiosity. "Merlin mentioned in his prophecy about the Dragon and the Phoenix. One of Harry's runes translates to Phoenix, one of Draco's to Dragon. Maybe the reason this happened to you, Harry, is because you have the same regeneration ability as a Phoenix. We all heard that cry Draco did last night. That had the power and ferocity of a Dragon itself." Hermione concluded, with a sad look in her eyes. Harry on the other hand was terrified.

"Does this mean this could happen again. I can't put you through that Draco, I just can't." Harry bawled, burying himself into Draco's shoulder once more.

"If this does become a regular thing, we will work through it. Because I love you. Nothing you do will ever change that, okay." Draco cupped Harry's face in his hands, forcing their eyes to meet. Simultaneously, their eyes flashed their respective colours of orange and red. A faint glow appeared in the shape of a sphere between the two, growing with every second. It was soon so bright and so large that it surrounded the pair, causing all on lookers to turn away.

"I love you to Draco."

They rested their foreheads against one another. Draco was the first to close the gap. Their lips locked, the light acting almost like a privacy curtain. This intimate moment was not meant for any other eyes, their magic could sense that. The kiss didn't deepen but it was more passionate and loving than any other they had shared.

Their was no denying their undying love for each other.

---

"You are free to go Mr. Potter. But please take care. I know not of the side affects of your magic." A healer named Ms Knibbs said. Harry nodded enthusiastically, excited that he could leave his uncomfortable hospital bed and return home.

He had decided with Draco to stay at the burrow for the time being. that way he had a lot of eyes watching over him, in case of a magical incident.

Draco guided him to the chimney where he used flew powder to transport them to the burrow. They were greeted with enough food to feed all of Hogwarts for a week, along with the smiling faces of the Weasley's, Ron and Hermione.

A welcome home banner had been strung above the fireplace. Dozens of confetti-filled balloons were scattered around the rooms, probably the work of George.

"Thank you." Was all Harry could say too chocked up on overwhelming happiness. Draco gave his hand a squeeze as the ventured further into the home, getting settled for the day ahead.

---

"For the last time Draco! I feel fine!" Harry complained when Draco tried to help him down the stairs. Draco rolled his eyes and continued to near enough carry him down. Harry giggled having given up protesting. They continued into the living area where Molly was in the midst of reading from the daily prophet.

"Due to the uproar Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy caused at the ministry of magic, a lot of work has gone into reconsidering the way they function as a government. It has caused it to change for the better. Fudge has officially resigned, his replacement being Mrs Amelia Bones, allowing many changes to be made to the treatment of magical creatures. On behalf of the wizarding community I, Rita Skeeter, want to personally thank Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy for causing this shift in judgement." Molly finished with a smile.

"Harry, Draco you have done it. You have fulfilled the prophecy!" Hermione squealed, buzzing with pure joy. Harry was the same, barely able to stay sat down.

"What now?" Draco thought aloud drawing all the attention to him. "I mean. What do we do now?" He directed this question to Harry, and Harry alone. The others in the room took this as their cue to leave the conversation.

"I don't know Draco. But whatever it is, I can't wait. Do you know why?" Draco shook his head, smiling at Harry's cryptic behaviour. "Because I will be with you. That's all that matters." 

The penultimate chapter! I am so happy with how this one turned out, I hope you all like it. Sorry for the long wait, I have been pretty busy lately!