"Why are you crying?"

It has been three days since the court meeting. Three days since Draco's world crumbled to ash. His beloved Harry still lay unconscious on the stuff hospital bed, surrounded by the same ring of fire.

At point Draco would make breaks in the barrier big enough for nurses to get through. Apart from that the wall was effective at keeping all out.

Draco had barely moved from his spot on the bed. He hasn't eaten at all, sometimes refuses to drink. The worst part is, no one can do anything to help him. If someone gets to close he lets out a threatening growl, forcing the flames higher.

By some miracle, on the fourth day Hermione managed to get close enough to hand him some food and water. Although Draco was reluctant to eat it, he appreciated the effort. After that he started to let more people through the fire.

On the fifth day, he diminished the fire all together. He didn't talk to anyone but Harry's unconscious body, whispering comforting phrases to his sleeping boyfriend.

By the sixth day Draco had cried so much, there were no tears left. He felt numb. It was on this day that the nurses managed to pry Draco away from Harry so they could do a proper check up. Draco didn't fight back. The fire had gone. He was left empty, any power he once felt had slipped away.

"Draco, please eat. I am begging you." He was snapped out of his dazed state by the desperate voice of Molly Weasley. She too looked as exhausted as Draco, the dark circles under her eyes as evidence.

There was no response from Draco. He simply picked up the spoon Infront of him and- too everyone's amazement- ate the bowl of soup Molly had brought for him.

"Draco, I can't begin to think how you are feeling. But I speak for all of us when I say that we are here for you. You are welcome back to the burrow." Arthur stated, patting Draco's cold hand. Draco tried to smile at him, but failed.

He draws his knees up to his chest, resting his forehead on them. The Weasley's take this as a sign to leave him be. However, before the reached the door Ginny whispered under her breath, "I can't believe he is gone."

Draco's head snapped up. He looked at her with fire in his eyes.
"He isn't gone! He is breathing is he not. He will wake up." Ginny looked up in surprise.

'Six days being mute and the first thing he does is snap at someone.' She thinks to herself. She opens her mouth to apologise when she sees a sudden change in Draco's mood. The runes appear on his face, which seems significantly less pale than a few seconds ago.

In an instant Draco is up and running to the wing Harry is being kept. He bursts through the door, scaring the life out of some nurses tending to Harry.

Three of Harry's runes are giving off a dull light, the same three as Draco.  Apart from the glow, there seemed to be no change in Harry's state. However Draco had improved significantly.

"Draco what's wrong?" Hermione asked, resting her hand on Draco's arm.

"I heard him."

A chorus of gasps rippled through the room.

"He used his telepathy. He is going to be ok." Draco was at Harry's bed side now, gently caressing his hair.

'You are going to be ok Harry. I am not leaving your side again until you wake up.'

'I love you.'

Those three words were all Draco needed.

---

Harry let out a small groan. His fingers began to twitch as he regained control of his body. His eyelids fluttered open to a pitch black hospital room. Draco was in a deep sleep next to him, curled up like a kitten.

Harry focused all his energy on moving his arm. It only moved a few centimetres, but it was enough to touch Draco.

'Draco, wake up.' Harry said through their link. Draco's eyes opened sleepily. He almost fell of the bed when his steely grey eyes met Harry's emerald ones.

"Harry! Harry your awake!" He cried, throwing himself into a hug. The yelling drew in night nurses. Their look of worry was replaced with that of joy when they saw the young Aeterni awake.

"Mr Potter, we are so glad to see you awake. Would you like us to send for the Weasleys?" One nurse asked.

"Yes please." Harry's voice was hoarse from lack of use. But he was smiling his normal goofy smile none-the-less.

The nurses left, leaving Harry and Draco alone again.

'Dray what happened?' Harry thought. Talking used up to much energy, so he stuck with the telepathy for now.

"I don't know Harry. But you're awake, and that's all that matters." A tear slid down Draco's cheek, which Harry promptly wiped away.

'Why are you crying?'

"I missed you. I missed you so much." He was full on bawling now, despite Harry's effort to calm him.

'I am here. You said it yourself. That's all that matters.'

Foe the first time in six days, Draco allowed himself to feel something: loved.

Harry's awake!! But why? Who knows. Maybe you will never find out. 😏
Until next time...!