True to her word Police Chief Connley walked into Lindsey office no more than ten minutes later. When he saw me his eyes widened and he reached for his radio.

            "Don't" I said and watched as Thea took his radio away.

            "Do you know you have people looking for you Ms. Monroe?" Connley asked as Thea clipped his radio onto her belt.

            "Yes but I never thought this would happen for being away for only a few days. I'm going to make a statement now and upload it to my social media accounts to take responsibility for everything that happened but my manager can't know where I am." I said.

            "We will explain everything to you Chief in a little bit but we wanted to record this video and release it so you can call off the search." Lindsey said.

            "Whatever you need to do counselor I want to hear this." Connley said.

            It didn't take long before I was sitting in front of Lindsey cell phone camera. We are going to record everything on her phone and upload it to twitter from there and let social media do its thing.

            "We are ready whenever you are Ashlyn." Lindsey said. I just nodded and took a deep breath. They didn't tell me anything to say, just told me not to go into details. Lindsey counted down from three and started the recording. I just took a shaky breath and looked at Thea behind the camera. She gave me a smile and a nod and I opened my mouth.

            "I just want to say thank you to everyone around the world looking for me. I wanted to make this statement of my own free will because I can't have the police going out of their way to look for me when I didn't want to be found. I didn't think that my manager Bobby Miller would have filed a missing person's report that quickly. Currently I won't say where I am because I'm afraid for my safety. I'm working with a legal team who is helping me get protection from my abuser. I won't say his name but he knows who he is. For now please know that I am safe and have spoken with Salem Police Chief Rory Connley and I'm currently under police protection." I said and smiled at Thea who blushed.

            "That is all for now and I will update everyone again when I am able too." I said and gave the camera a small smile before Lindsey stopped recording.

            Thea and Connley stepped out of the office while Lindsey uploaded the video to her firm twitter account. It only took a few minutes before the video went viral and Connley called off the search. Lindsey had her team work all day on getting everything needed for the order or protection while Chief Connley issued the temporary restraining order. Him and Thea also went over having her on a protection detail for me while this is going through the court.

            Lindsey also sent one of her employees out to the nearest store and bought me a new cell phone with a new number. Thea and I spent the day with Lindsey and Jack going over everything they have been working on in preparation for our court appearance when we get a date.

            It also didn't take long for the press to swarm the front of the office and for Bobby to show up at the front door. After debating for a few minutes I told the officers it was okay to let him in. Lindsey and Thea didn't think it was a good idea but I wanted to hear what he had to say. To see if he would show any remorse for his actions.

            Chief Connley stayed and walked into the conference room first followed by Thea then Lindsey and Jack then myself. I still find it kind of crazy how my lowest moment brought these people into my life. Bobby was sitting smugly in the plush navy chair in his favorite black sport coat.