epilogue

Furqaan felt the earthquake even in his sleep. That's strange because their area has never been prone to the aftereffects of tectonic plates moving. He should know about land, that's literally his job!
Then what was it?

He groaned and opened his eyes to a sight he would never get tired of. His little monsters were jumping on his back. Well one was sitting on his neck and the other was taking him to be a trampoline.

He pulled the one who had attached himself to his neck and cut off his blood circulation and the other one followed, not liking the fact that his baba was not cuddling him too.

Behroz and Zohaib. Behroz was older by a minute and a half than Zohaib. The boys were exactly similar, the mass of unruly chestnut brown curls, the same sun-kissed complexion and the same grey eyes with a hint of hazel.

They were beautiful, his babies. But they were complete and total brats. The very definition of naughty. His angel daughter has done a mighty fine job in teaching them how to trouble their Baba.

He was back home after two weeks from Kuwait. His restaurant had gained popularity amongst the locals and they were now expanding. He had decided that the two locations would go to his sons in future.

He had come late at night and found his wife and kids asleep; with them clung to their mama. His own little world! He quietly went about his business and came back to take them in his arms. His wife had snuggled in his chest, recognizing him even in sleep. He sighed in contentment.

"As samaikum Baba!" They greeted their father. At two and a half years old, the were smart as a whip. They had missed their baba tremendously over the past few days.

"Walaikum As Salam Baba ki Jaan!" He smothered their faces with sloppy kisses and cuddled them close to his heart. They were too precious. He would never get enough of the love that they shower on him.

"Babaaaa nooooooooooooo! This funny" Behroz said pointing at his week old stubble wanting to say it tickles him. Zohaib just cupped his mouth and giggled silently.

"Achaa? Main funny hoon? Abhi batata hu tumhe!" He rubs his beard covered cheeks on their small tummies. They hollered up a storm in laughter.

This alerted Aamaal who was in the kitchen. She had missed her husband. Having woken up for fajr, she didn't sleep after and decided to venture out to make her shohar his favorite breakfast in bed!

He loved halwa puri and qeema- paratha. She made that along with some kesar-badaam doodh and boiled eggs. For her boys she got their regular oats and fruits topped with a dollop of fresh honey. They loved to have that with chocolate milk.

She asked Rumaisa their hired help, to get the other tray, all the while instructing her about the work that has to be done that day.

She reached her room and entered first, keeping the tray on the table by the door and then taking the one Rumaisa had, not allowing her to even peek inside their bedroom.

The bedrooms were strictly off limits for help. Her man could be shirtless and she didn't want even an accidental glance of another female on him. They all followed the same rule, Faiqa and Duaa as well.

Her heart soared at what she saw. Her very handsome, half naked husband, with bed raggled hair; was wrestling their babies. Zohaib was on his shoulder and pulling his hair while Behroz was being tackled by his father. Looks like a rescue operation would need to be ensued. Not for the boys, but for her man!

"Zoh, leave Baba's hair and come down. Now" she used her mama voice. He came down that instant and Behroz followed suit, not wanting to be scolded.

Furqaan cradled them and kissed their hair. "Hey Mama! I missed you" Furqaan pouted with his best efforts. She burst out laughing at his attempt of copying their boys. She pulled their cheeks and sneakily pecked her husband's lips. That earned her a bright sunshine grin!

She brought him his breakfast. One that was fit for a king. He is her King and deserved to be treated like one. They fed their monkeys and each other too. Just as the boys were gulping down the last of their chocolate milk, there was a knock on the door.

"Chachi, give me the babies!" Eshal shouted from the other side. They were her favorite playmates. She got over her disappointment of not having sisters. She decided they will play with her as punishment for not being girls! That girl and her khuraafaati damaagh!

Furqaan shook her head in adoration at that, "Is it 9 already? She's never late. It's like clockwork!"
Aamaal opened the door and the little hurricane stormed into the room. She jumped up on the bed greeted her chachu and kissed her baby brothers.

"As samaikum chachu. Give me the babies. We have a wedding to attend" she informed.
Looking amused, he decided to humor her, "Walaikum As Salam meri princess. Aap kiski Shaadi me jaa rahe hai?"
"Mere dolls ki. Ab inhe neeche utaare. 'maisa khala humara khyaal rakhengi." Aamaal did her bidding and a lot many slobbering kisses later, they were off. She locked the door and leaned back on it giving him a flirtatious look.

"Come here you minx. Come to daddy!" He gave her a smoldering look. She erupted in giggles which had him frowning.
"You do wonders to my ego, thank you so much!" He said in fake disappointment. "Am I that old that I don't even affect you anymore? Am I losing touch? Ya Allah! Meri biwi apne budhe shohar se bore ho gayi hai!"
He exclaimed in a dramatic tone.

She made a beeline towards her petulant husband.
"Budhe hoge aap ke dushman! Mere shohar ko khabardaar kuch kaha toh. Wo toh abhi bhi itne hot hai wallah!" She fanned herself.

"Achaa?" He pulled her on top of him. She's still so petite. "I'm hot? You find me smexyyy?" He dragged it out.
"Cheee! Ab aise bhi toh mat bole. Aapko pata hai mai aapse kitni mohabbat karti hu. Meri jaan basti hai aap me aur aapke bacho me!" She caressed his face, loving the prickly sensation; unlike her son. " Same here sweetheart, ditto" he kissed her soundly.

When informed about the disheartening news about her not being able to carry more children, she was devastated. But then her babies brought her back to reality. She couldn't jeopardize her present for her questionable future. Her husband and babies deserved better than that. They deserved a happier and content Aamaal who was confident in herself.

Her husband and their family were a huge help with the babies. There were times when she cried in frustration at not being able to handle two kids at once. Duaa and Faiqa bhabhi then would take one each for the night. The kids loved having their brothers for a sleepover.

She completed her degree in horticulture and had started a little garden nursery which specialized in showcasing the local flora and their various applications. Her business was booming.

She had asked Faiqa and Duaa to help her out as well. With their kids grown up and attending school, they would be bored at home too. Faiqa had a business management degree and Duaa had just finished her diploma in event management on much insistence from Rayyan Bhai. They all wanted their women folk to flourish and were very supportive of Aamaal's decision.

That gave birth to a joint business venture of the Hamdaani Ladies. A company managed by the three power house Hamdaani females that employed women exclusively. It was really a sanctuary for women.

They hosted and catered to events, with Aamaal providing the best all natural flower arrangements for decoration, Duaa doing the event planning and management and Faiqa handling the business aspect.
Their husbands were extremely proud of them and stood behind them like strong pillars.

Her family and business has made her life  fulfilling. Aamaal wouldn't want anything else from life. She would have loved to have more children, but why cry over something that you didn't even have in the first place.

She decided to be grateful for all of Allah's blessings and always prayed that her life be the same and even more so that her family stays happy.

Furqaan spooned her closer to him and that pulled her out of her reverie and she purred in contentment. She lay languidly in his arms. They made up for all the hours spent apart.

"Thank you for rescuing me from the darkness. I wouldn't have survived without you." She referred to all the times she would have sunken in depression had it not been for this strong and powerful man here. Her man. Her superhero.

"Anything for you baby. I'll do anything for you. You're my reason to breathe. Zindagi ho tum meri." He kissed her fervently and showed her just how much he meant each word.

Allah surely doesn't burden a soul beyond his capacity. He is the All Knowing Al Aleem!