saying goodbye to grandma janice

Start from the beginning

Luca makes grabby hands and babbles up to Will and RJ.

Will picks up Luca and kisses Luca's cheeks, making Luca smile.

"Hi, baby boy. You look so cute." Will says as he fixes Luca's crazy baby hair.

"Daddy, we see gwrandma! We see gwrandma!" Theodore says happily to Will as he hugs his leg.

Benji, Coralei and Averie all understand what death means but they have never been to a funeral but Theodore and Harlow have no understanding in it and Luca is just a baby and doesn't understand anything either.

Will then checks his iPhone to see what time it is.

"We need to leave soon." Will says softly to RJ and RJ nods.

"Kids, let's all load up in the car!" RJ says as Benji, Coralei, Averie, Theodore and Harlow all walk outside to the car.

"The kids have a lot of questions. Bubba, Cora and Avy get what death means but Teddy and Harlow just don't get it. I don't want them to be scared." RJ says to Will in a whisper and Will nods.

"We can talk to them about it during the drive to the funeral home." Will says as RJ nods in agreement.

"I love you." RJ says softly to Will.

"I love you too." Will says as he hugs RJ and they kiss each other a few times before going outside with the kids.

RJ and Will both get in the car and help the kids buckle in before RJ begins to drive to Adams Funeral Home.

Will then turns to the kids, who are all in the back seat.

"Hey guys, do any of you have questions before we get to the funeral home, so Papi and I can help you understand a little better? I don't want any you to be scared." Will says to Benji, Coralei, Averie, Theodore and Harlow.

"I wanna hug Gwrandma!" Theodore says happily.

"You won't be able to hug her." RJ says to Theodore.

"Why?" Theodore asks Will and RJ

"Because she is in heaven now!" Averie says with a big smile at Theodore.

"Yeah! Grandma is an angel in heaven!" Coralei says to Theodore and Theodore frowns sadly

"Oh.." Theodore says with sadness.

"Teddy, Grandma is not in her body anymore. She is in heaven now. Her body stays here on Earth while her spirit goes to heaven. We are just seeing her body and saying goodbye. It will look like she is sleeping but she isn't." Will says trying to explain to the three year old.

"Who is going to be here today?" Coralei asks Will and RJ.

"Let's see! Nana, Pop, Uncle Logan, Auntie Erin, Uncle Jacob, Auntie Sharon, Uncle Larry, Jeff, Brannon, Cayson, Corbin, Connor, baby Crew, Mallory, Derek, Josie, Davis, Myles, Pipo, Mima, Auntie Brandi and Uncle Ryan. Oh and Grandma's sister Vonice." Will says to Coralei.

"Oh cool!" Coralei says happily.

"We are seeing everyone! That's nice!" Benji says with a big smile.

"It is nice that we all get to be together to celebrate Grandma Janice's life!" RJ says as Will nods in agreement and holds his hand.

RJ, Will, Benji, Coralei, Averie, Theodore and Harlow all talk through out the twenty five minute drive to Adams Funeral Home.

*****
RJ, Will, Benji, Coralei, Averie, Theodore, Harlow and Luca have made it to the funeral home!

"Daddy, can I hold your hand?" Coralei asks Will.