40. Always

FORTY ALWAYS

FORTY ALWAYS

◥✥◤

The docks. It all came down to the docks. They had used JJ's key that he stole off of his dad to get into the shed where the boat was. As Kie and JJ teased each other over the boat, the four of them got ready to get it attached to Kie's SUV. The sound of an engine slowing and shutting off was heard and Kie sighed with relief.

"Pope, finally," the girl exclaimed as she went running to the entrance of the shed. However, she stepped back once she realized who it was.

"Hey, there," came the voice of Rafe Cameron, the hairs on the back of Norman's neck stood up. "What's going on? How you guys doin'?"

A whistle sounded from behind them and Barry came out from behind one of the cars in the garage. Immediately, Norman reached to grab Alisha's arm and pull her closer to him. Barry cocked his small handgun, pointing it straight at JJ's chest.

"See, don't think I forgot about me and you on the side of the road," Barry said, "I'm here because I want my motherfucking money."

JJ fought back and the two got into it, Kie and Norman running to protect JJ before any triggers could be reached. Rafe pulled Kie away and Norman went to get his grip off of her, punching him in the face and loosening his grip on Kiara so she could get away. She ran for JJ again, but Norman held her back, not wanting her to get hurt.

"It's not you we want, Kie," Rafe explained, clutching a bleeding nose. Norman scrunched up his face in disgust as he wiped the blood off of his knuckles. "Where's John B?"

"I don't know," the girl spat, not having any of it as she smacked him, adding onto the pain he was feeling. Norman smiled, knowing she could handle her own without his help. Still, it was nice to land a punch to Rafe Cameron's nose regardless. He had been wanting to do that for a long time.

"I really wish you didn't do that."

Norman kept one hand on Alisha who was coming around his side. The girl shoved Rafe back as he tried to get in Kiara's face, but neither Alisha nor Norman were going to let that happen.

"I know what you did," Kiara exclaimed through gritted teeth.

The boy scoffed, "Really? What did I do?"

"You murdered Peterkin."

The boy stepped back for a moment and clearly these words got Barry's attention because the man had gone silent from taunting JJ. Still, he continued to demand his money while JJ laid on the floor. Rafe grabbed Kiara in a chokehold and Norman let go of Alisha to try and work Kiara out of his grip.

"Don't you ever fucking say those words again," the boy seethed as Norman pulled him off of Kiara and the girl slipped, falling to the floor, "Where's John B? I know you guys know. Where is he?"