14. Likewise

FOURTEEN LIKEWISE

FOURTEEN LIKEWISE

◥✥◤

Picking up his suit was far less exciting than the dresses had been, but he had to admit as he eyed himself in the reflection he looked damn good. The rain had stopped and the sun was starting to come out, much to Lila's liking, as they decided to enjoy the rest of their day on the mainland since it wasn't something they got to do often. Granted, for Norman this really meant holding all of the girls' shopping bags most likely, but he never minded such a thing.

However, of course as they were checking out everything about Norman's perfectly nice day had to be absolutely ruined. Just decimated completely.

As soon as they were about to leave, Alisha looks over her shoulder and just had to ask, "Is that John B? And Sarah Cameron? What are they doing here together?"

"It's probably not them, John B would rather be caught dead than be shopping here --" Of course, Norman's statement was cut off as he turned around where the girl was looking and sure enough, John B was trying on suits... with Sarah Cameron. "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

Right as Norman said that, the bell on the door as Lila let it swing shut caught the other boy's attention and their eyes met. So, of course, Norman planned to do what he did best which was run, but it was already too late.

"Hey, Norman, hey!" John B called, getting up from his seat, leaving Sarah standing there in a striped dress with a confused expression as he ran over to the group.

"Is it too late to run?"

"You let him call you Norman?" Lila asked with a perplexed tone in her voice as the boy ran up to them which had unfortunately caused quite a stir in the small store. Giving John B a once over he looked absolutely out of his element in dress pants and a light pink shirt, but admittedly, he looked good. Not that Norman was ever going to tell him that.

Norman shrugged, "Is that important? Uh, John B, what are you doing here? With... her?"

"It's a long story, but it has to do with you know... the thing," John B tried to slip around the obvious elephant in the room which was that none of the girls surrounding Norman knew anything about the treasure hunt. "And the thing that I mentioned when you came over that one time."

"DCS?" Norman somehow made the connection right away, which goes to show how much they understood each other. That fact was absolutely painful for him to realize as he was very much supposed to be avoiding John B right now. Today was supposed to be Pogue free and yet, here they were. "What the fuck is going on?"