17. Like A Car Crash

SEVENTEEN LIKE A CAR CRASH

◥✥◤

One of the more surprising things about the night was a phone call from Kie about an hour after the party. He shouldn't be too surprised considering they were pretty much friends, he just hadn't expected to hear from her after the events of tonight with John B. Norman couldn't be too sure John B hadn't tried to turn the group against him yet.

"Dude, listen, John B told me what happened and he's freaking out. We're supposed to meet Sarah because she's giving us the plat map for Tannyhill because John B thinks the gold is there because of some letter he found," the girl explained, her tone rushed and quiet as if she was trying to keep somebody close to her from hearing her. "I'm sick of all this mess with you guys and you know you're part of the treasure hunt now whether you like it or not so just get here, please. I'll send you my location, but you guys all need to talk this out I don't care what it takes. For the sake of the treasure hunt and for the sake of my sanity."

He had barely gotten a word out, but once she finished he didn't know what else to say other than, "Okay."

Moments later, she texted him her location and without even thinking he grabbed his keys and drove to the spot.

"Is that her?" he heard JJ ask, but the question was answered when he slid open the door of the van to see Norman. "Oh, hey, what are you doing here?"

He noticed the way John B froze in the drivers seat as soon as he realized who it was. His head whipped around, but there was no anger or malice in his expression. Just confusion and mild annoyance.

Trying to look as stoic as possible, Norman answered, "Kie called me, she told me I'm a part of this now."

John B furrowed his brow at the girl to which she just shrugged, "You want Sarah to be included? I get Rocky."

"You know what you're doing, Kie, don't lie," the boy groaned, "Just because you don't like Sarah and I doesn't mean you get to play matchmaker."

"Hold on, didn't you just say nothing was happening with you and Sarah?" Pope asked, his expression perplexed as his eyes darted in between John B, Norman, and Kiara.

"And what's happening with you two?" JJ added on as he motioned between Norman and John B, "What have you guys not been telling Pope and I? C'mon, no secrets, guys."

John B sighed before admitting, "I'm bi, Norman and I had a thing. Now Sarah and I have a thing. There, no more lies. Kie, you know it was uncool of you to call him. Norman, why the fuck did you even come?"