I Hate Everything About You Ch. 15

"Why'd you want to come here...?" Gold asked, looking around. I took him to the purple town of Lavender. 

"I wanted to take you somewhere..." I replied quietly, leading him over to the Pokemon Tower. We walked up the stairs to the second floor. If I remembered, they were here. 

"Why would you want to take me to a giant cemetery?" He asked, looking around at all the tomestones. 

"My nightmares always started here..." I started. "And this," I stopped, at the two familiar tomestones. "is where my parents are." 

"Nightmares?" 

"During my mission, I always had these terrible nightmares. I think they were linked to me being on Team Rocket...like something--my parents--didn't want me to do it." 

"Then why'd you keep doing it?" 

"You don't understand Gold; I felt like it was my purpose. I mean, I lost my only family, and was taken in by the leader of Team Rocket. Doesn't that mean something?" 

"No, it doesn't mean anything at all. I mean, I know you probably don't want me to bring him up now, but look at Silver's past. He was kidnapped to do evil things, and his father is Giovanni. Is it his purpose to be a villian? No, he's a good guy...well you know, sorta; he is still a jerk." Gold said, laughing at the end. 

I didn't laugh. "He had friends though, to help him."

"So did you. You could have listened to him, and yet, you abandoned him, just to be on Team Rocket." He said. "Remember, Totodile? He was your friend, who could have helped you." 

"You're right. I screwed up..." I sighed. "At least I'm on the right side now." I smiled. Not a forced or a fake smile, but a real, genuine, smile. 

"Yeah, and think about it. If you didn't join Team Rocket, then you probably wouldn't have made friends with me and the rest of the Dexholders, or even Dragonite." 

"...Do you think my parents would be happy now?" 

"Of course they would be. They'd be pulling for you every step of the way." He said, putting an arm around me, smiling. "I'm pulling for you too."

"I know I've said this a couple times already, but thanks."

"No problem, now come on; lets get breakfast and head to Blackthorn." With his arm still around me, we walked out.

~~~

"So what kind of training are we going to do?" I asked Green and Red, the 3 of us on the outskirts of Blackthorn. 

"Let's see how much you can do." Green said, arms crossed. "First I'll battle you."

"Huh??" He seriously wants me to battle him? He must be crazy. 

He pulled out his Pokeball, releasing his Charizard. I pulled out mine, releasing Dragonite. 

"You can have the first move." 

"Alright then, Dragonite, dragon rage!" Dragonite powered up the attack, blasting the purple-blue beam at Charizard. The beam hit, but it barely looked like it did anything. 

Green smirked. "Charizard, fly in close." Charizard flew in closer to the dragon, releasing a flamethrower attack. 

"Dragonite, get out of there!" Dragonite, barely hanging on, hit Charizard with its tail and flew away from it. "Now, dragon rage!" Dragonite once again fired the attack.

"Charizard, blast burn." Charizard used the ultimate fire attack, hitting dragon rage, completely deflecting it. It continued through the dragon attack, hitting Dragonite head on. Dragonite fell with a thud. I sighed, returning my Pokemon.