Never before

"Hey," Ozzy is seriously concerned for his best friend. He hasn't replied to any texts, answered any calls or shown up to any rehearsals in the past two days. And now he's here, in the locker room? And ignoring him, apparently. "Kingston! Hey!"

He's not in the mood. He loves his best friend, but he's too tired for his constant questions and unlimited energy today.

"Listen, just tell me if you're good." Ozzy was supposedly not going to drop it, so he replies,
"No. I'm not. But I don't want to talk about it so just go away, okay?"
"No. You just told me you're not okay."
"And I said-"
"We don't have to talk." He sits beside him on the bench. He tries to make eye contact, but Kingston looks away. They just remain, in silence, for a few minutes.
"It's Lily." He says finally. Ozzy's eyes fill with surprise that he's actually talking.
"I'm right here. Hit me."
"You won't believe me, but we're done. For real." He's right. Ordinarily, Ozzy wouldn't believe him, but he's not been acting like himself, at all.
"I do. What happened?"
"Her Mum. I insulted her. I didn't mean to, we were arguing and it just slipped out. She's Miss Angela, and I thought she'd let it slide but she got so…angry. She started screaming and I didn't know what to say." He feels guilt arouse inside him just remembering it.
"I'm sorry that happened to you."
"I feel so empty without her. Like I've lost my place here. I was always 'Lily's boyfriend."
Ozzy looks at him, eyes brimming with sympathy. But something else behind that. Anger? Annoyance?
"You know, you had a place before her. My best friend." He sighs, "But I guess that doesn't matter anymore." He instantly feels bad. That was an unnecessary dig at him.
"I'm sorry. You and me haven't been the same, have we?" Ozzy shakes his head gently.
"It's okay. You always said I needed to grow up."
"You have."
"Not enough." He smiles sadly. Kingston puts his hands on top of his and Ozzy feels a rush of affection for him. "I miss you." Kingston feels something emerge inside of him. He's not sure what.
"I miss you." He echoes. He puts his hand delicately on his arm. Ozzy feels something shoot up within him, like a flare.
"Kingston,"
"Oz,"
"I," He doesn't know why he started this sentence, when he has no clue what to say, "I like girls." What? It's like he lost control of himself. Why did he say that? He breathes a long, slow breath.
"I do too." Kingston finds himself replying. "Lily…" He starts, but stops. He tries to take his eyes off him, but he can't.
"What's happening?" Ozzy has a panicky edge to his voice.
"I don't know." Kingston attempts a supportive smile, but that seems to evoke more feeling in him.
"I feel-" Ozzy swallows.
"Same."
"I've never…"
"Neither have I."
"I like girls!" His voice raises ever so slightly.
"Uh, you can feel attraction to both." What is he saying? Kingston screws his eyes shut for a millisecond.
Ozzy feels a burning in his chest. Every part of him is burning. Some part of him compels him to lean in.
He opens his eyes, and all he sees is him. Only one thought is prevalent in his mind. He wants him.
Their lips touch.

So, I was watching the power out episode, and the idea of them appeared in my mind. It's a very different ship to ones I usually write and your girl loves a challenge. And after writing this, especially as the Kingstily potential is being ruined, I think I low-key ship them? But Richozzy will always have my heart.
This was soo intense to write.

Thanks for reading. 💗💗