Chapter 59

"Hello Jonathan." said the girl

"Jessie? What are you doing here? How do you know I was going to be here?" I ask.

"Two words, Max Tyler." she said.

"What does Riley's brother got to do with you being here?" I look down and she had a package address to Riley from Max.

"Well let's just say I'm dating her brother and Riley gave him her address. So here I am."

"Does Max know you are here?"

"Nope he thinks I'm in Calgary for work. But I decided to take his package and hand deliver it." She hands me the package. "I'm warning you. Enjoy every last second you will have with Riley. There's a day coming where she won't be able to trust you anymore and you will become mine again." She walks down the hallway, laughing.

I close the door with the package in my arms.

"Who was at the door?" asked Sharp.

"Jessie" I said.

"What? How does she know your here?" Hossa asked.

"Riley's one brother is dating her and yeah. She is going to try to destroy my relationship with Riley so she can have me." I said. I put the box on the table and walk back to them. I sit back on the floor. Then we hear two little girls running down the hallway. Madelyn and Mia had brown paper bags in their hands. The bags were all decorated. Madelyn runs over to Abby and Patrick. While Mia runs over to Marian and Jana.

"We made you a Christmas presents!" Madelyn said to Abby and Patrick. They each handed them a bag. It looked like Mia gave Marian and Jana the wrong bags because they switch them.

"Open them!" Mia said.

"On Christmas, okay?" Marian said.

"Okay"

I see Riley walking towards us.

"The postman came with a package for you from Max." I said, pointing to the table. I was lying a little. There was no postman, it was my stupid ex. But I didn't want to tell her.

"If it's from Max, I'm dating someone and it is Christmas, means the embarrassing/silly gifts have come." she said walking over to the table.

"What?"

"My brother gives me and my boyfriend a gift each that match each other in some way. But they can be very interesting."

She opens the box and looks at inside. I walk over to her and look in the box.

"I thought you said a present each?" I asked. There were four wrapped boxes. Two of them were labeled Jonathan and two labeled Riley. There was also a note in the box.

"That's what he normally does." she said. "I guess you are extra special." She picks up the note and reads it to me.

Riley and Jonathan,
It's Christmas, here are my gifts for you two. The ones in the snowman wrapping paper you can open when you get the package,  if you want or wait until Christmas. The Blackhawks wrapping paper are for Christmas day.

Max

She grabs the Blackhawks ones and puts them under the tree. Well under the table that had the tree on it but it was under the tree.

"You want to open the snowman?" I ask.

"We can do it when they leave." she replied.

"Open them now, I want to see what your brother gave you two." said Kane.

"Fine, but hold on." she said. She ran down the hallway and came back with a big bag. She hands each of the guys a long box. The girls a small box and Mia and Madelyn a gift bag. She hands Jana a small bag saying it was for Zoja. Then hands Abby a small bag saying it was for Sadie. She then says, "If me and Jonathan are opening a present then you can open the one from me."

"Okay, but you two have to open first." said Amanda.

"Fine"

We grab the snowman box with are name on it and sat on the floor. We unwrapped are presents and open the box. We took it out of the box. Her brother got us Blackhawks onesies. On the front of both of ours, where logo was, was a C. On the back of mine it said Jonathan and under it was the number 19. On the back of Riley's it had her name and the number 16.

"Were you number 16 when you played?" I asked.

"Yep" she replied.

"Put them on you two." Abby said.

She goes into her bedroom and I go into the bathroom. I change into it and open the door. I see her wearing hers. She looked so cute in hers. We walk back out to everyone. They start laugh a little. "Told you it was silly." Riley whisper in my ear. "No its not." I whisper in her hear. We sit back on the ground.

"Open yours." Riley said.

"Ladies first." Marian said.

The girls unwrapped theirs and opened the box. They each got a bracelet with their guys number, the first letter of their name, hockey puck and a small Blackhawks logo. Then Mia and Madelyn open theirs, the each got a teddy bear that had on a Blackhawks jersey that looked like their father's jersey. Finally guys open theirs and the each got a tie that had their name and number with the logo. Then Abby and Patrick opened the one for Sadie. While Jana and Marian open the one for Zoja. They each got a  stretch headband with a bow that had the Blackhawks logo on it and their father's number on it.

Madelyn ran to Riley, with her bear in her hand, and hugged Riley. Mia did the same thing Madelyn did. Everybody thanked Riley for the gift. Mia and Madelyn sat in Riley's lap as we kept talking. The two of them fell asleep in her lap, hugging their bears. I carefully picked up Mia and put her in my lap. Riley carefully reposition Madelyn on her lap. Then Riley puts her head on my shoulder and I put my head against hers. A little time later, Patrick carefully grabbing Madelyn from Riley's lap. Marian did the same grabbing Mia from my lap. They all left, leaving me the in her place.

"You staying the night?" she asked me.

"Yeah, I will be right back. I have to grab something from my car." I said. I left her place and went to my car. I got in my car and started to bang my head lightly on the steering wheel. Why did Jessie have to say that? Why did she want me back? She was the one who hurt me. Then the horrible thoughts ran threw my head. I remembered the trick Riley did with Zac when he came over. I pulled out my phone and found the song on YouTube. The video had a picture Gallifrey, I did the trick and I felt much more relaxed. I went back up to Riley's place and knocked. She yelled at me to come in. She had a song starting when I walked in. I saw her sitting on the couch and walked over to her. Her phone was on the coffee table and I looked at the phone to see the song playing was called Men of Honor.

A little time pass, she gets up and leaves the room. Then it hit me, I can look on her phone to see what music she likes and what albums she doesn't have. I tap her Google music and look. She has Doctor Who, Blues Brothers,  Two Steps from Hell and Blue Man. I put her phone back how it was on the coffee table as she comes in. I now know what I could get her for Christmas.