Chapter 44

***Three days later***

I was hang out with Riley watching the Blues Brothers.  She was told me the music they played a couple nights ago came from this movie. Also how it was filmed here, in Chicago. I was just happy we made up and the guys are too.

When the movie was done, she went to go grab something from her room. When she was in her room, someone knocked at the door. I went to the door and opened it. There was a guy around our age standing at the door.

"Is Riley here?" the man asked. I didn't even know who he was and he expected me to tell him if Riley was here or not.

"Zac?" said Riley. I turned around and saw her walking towards us. She stops right next to me. "Why are you here and have you been drinking?" I did agree with her, he did smell like alcohol.

"I can't live anymore Riley,  they are all gone. I'm all alone." he said and then he fell to the ground. Riley asked me to help bring him into the bathroom. I agreed to help and we carried him into the bathroom. She places him next to the toilet. She grabs one of her towels and puts it around his shoulders.

"Zac, explain to me what is happening so I can help you."

"I was at the bar with Taylor and she broke up with me. Then not even an hour later I get a phone call from my mom that my dad just died."

"So you drank the weight of the pain."

"Yeah." 

He starts to freak out and say weird things. Riley grabs him and tells him to calm down but he isn't. Riley looks at me. She tells me to grab her phone from her pocket and unlock it. I turn on her phone and there was a picture of me playing a game. I unlock her phone and there was a picture of the two of us at the bean. I hand her the phone.

"Zac, I'm going to do something with you. Okay?" she says. He noddes his head yes and I ask her if I could do it to. She said I could. "I'm going to show you a picture of something." She pulls a picture up on her phone and shows it to us. "This picture is a planet called Gallifrey."

The planet had orange sky and ground. A city inside a glass ball. The sun in the background.

"Now close your eyes and imagine Gallifrey in your head." Zac closes his eyes then I do. "Now, I'm going to play a song. Keep Gallifrey in your head while you listen to the song. During the song I'm going to say somethings and you need to do it in your head." Riley said. She turns on the song. 

"Now imagine everything bad that has ever happen to you." 

I think of yelling at Riley after the one game and everything that had to do with Jessie.

"Now let Gallifrey take all of those bad memories."

I do what she said. 

"Now imagine something that makes you as happy as you can be. Have that thing on Gallifrey, having fun"

I think of Riley and the two of us just acting like little kids on Gallifrey. I have never felt about anyone this way. I love her with all my heart. She's the type of girl who I can just lay around with. She's the girl who hasn't been asking when are next date is. Actually, we never really been on a date. We always hang out. The song ends and I open my eyes. I look at her and she smiles at me. From the corner of my eye I see Zac is opening his eyes.

"I feel so much better Riley, thank you. What was the name of the song you just played?" Zac asked.

"This is Gallifrey" Riley said.

I saw Zac's eyes starting to close. I feel Riley grab my hand. She was standing up, she pulled me off the bathroom floor and we went into the other room. We sit on the couch and she turned on NHL Network. She put her head on my chest and I started to pet her hair with my hand.

"Who is Zac?" I ask other than a guy who gets drunk from pain.

"He's a fellow trumpet player from my group. I swear I don’t have anything for him. He came over once or twice to help me learn the dance for Jailhouse Rock for the show. Since he was supposed to play that song but broke his arm, which is now all better." she said.

"Got it."

A little time later, she fell asleep on my chest. I closed my eyes thinking about how we have never had a date and we haven’t kissed yet.