Old Memories

*WARNING: flashbacks,TRIGGER: slight homophobia, also long chap*

When Adora was 10, she had her first kiss.

It was a big deal..right? 

It had been with the boy next door who she was very close friends with. They just wanted to see what the big deal was. Since they trusted each other they kissed.

But it wasn't until Adora was 14.

She had her first kiss with a girl.

That one wasn't intentional at all. It had been during a spin the bottle game at a friends party. It landed between Adora and her old friend.

The two never wanted to chicken out so they kissed. It was a small peck. No big deal....

..right?

"Grandma razz...what does it mean when you kiss a girl?" 14 year old Adora asked.

Razz looked at her, "What ever do you mean dearie?" Adora cheeks turned red from embarrassment, "I kissed a girl at a friends party..does that mean I like girls?"

Razz only smiled at the teen, "Well,Did you feel anything?" Adora looked at her and shrugged, "I'm...not exactly sure."

Razz cupped Adora's face and smiled, "Adora, It's okay you feel confused about these things. Right now you may not know whether you like girls or boys or maybe even both. But these things take time. So take as much time as you need, I'll be here for you all the way Dearie."

Adora never knew how to feel about these things so she buried it deep down inside her. She was straight. yes, or bi at the least? Adora never actually labeled herself because she was confused at the least.

She never exactly told anyone she was confused or anything.

She let everyone believe what they wanted to believe.

——-

When Catra was 11, she had her first kiss. It was with a boy who happened to like her. It was a dare at the least and Catra thought she would feel something.

But she didn't.

It wasn't until she was 13 when she had a girl kiss. It was a girl who she was really close friends with...Lonnie.

This one wasn't exactly intentionally either. They were at the park laying down and then they looked at each other and leaned in.

That's when Catra knew.

Catra was 18 when she came out.

Catra and her mom had such a strong bond and told each other everything. Surely her mom would be okay..

..but oh how she was wrong.

"Mom, can I talk to you?" Catra asked rubbing her arm. Catra's mom, Camille turned around from washing the dishes and smiled, "Hey hun, of course you can."

Catra sat down on the chair as her mom stopped washing and sat down. "What's up?" She asked.

Catra took a deep breathe and felt herself shaking. 'It's okay, everything is going to be okay'

Catra looks up from her hands and looked at her mom, "Mom, I..." She hesitated and her mom looked worried.

"What's wrong?" She asked.