8: Welcome to the party

€: Maya's POV €:
Friday, October 24th
7:00pm-10:30pm

"Rick, wake up. Please." I begged.

I watched the monitor as his pulse or whatever started to make higher movements.

"Miss, you need to be quiet," The nurse says. "You could mess up parts of the examination and wave lengths and any chance of bringing him out of the coma."

I swallowed and mumbled an 'okay' before walking to the waiting room.

Aunt Joanne wrapped me in a hug and we wept together, shaking. When we parted, our eyes were both bloodshot. Mascara was under my eyelids and I quickly wiped them off.

"It'll be okay. Rick'll wake up." Joanna assured me with a weak smile.

"Yeah." I agree, my throat hoarse.

I clear my throat awkwardly then excuse myself to the bathroom. I cleaned off all my makeup and stared at my reflection. I looked horrible.

My phone had been on silent in my pocket. I took it out and looked at my notifications. I had a text from Jake, Ally, and Daniel.

Jake (4:20pm): Hey, Dan told me about Rick; hope everything's okay. he said you might come tonight to Harry's. I hope so but I'll understand.

Ally (4:54pm): Heyy gurl. PLZ go to Har's. Totes boring without you!! -AD

Daniel (5:03pm): MJ you should come. It'll help, promise

It seemed everyone wanted me to go to the famous Harry Person's Party. I've never met him, personally. I didn't want to leave Rick, incase he woke up. He was currently in a drug-induced coma after his car accident.

"Maybe I should go," I said out loud to myself.

I cleared my face and my thoughts. I don't act like this. I am Maya Jennings. I've got this.

I stroll outside and reach my outside family. Uncle Luke gives me a reassuring smile and a sideways hug. "I'm going to go hang out with my friends for a while - I'll be back tonight." I tell them.

I couldn't help but be nice to them.

They all nodded and said okays, with sad, understanding smiles.

They didn't really understand though.

Trying not to dwell on these thoughts, I exited the hospital and headed home. I found that only the twins and Theo were home. Theo was an innocent little boy. I picked him up and give him a kiss on his cheek. I loved him so much.

I didn't chat much with the other two, who were bickering again. Why can't twins get along? It doesn't make since to me.

I changed into a dress. Yes - I, Maya Isabelle Jennings, was wearing a dress. It was navy blue and roomy near the end, which was right above my knees. It had spaghetti straps and was fitted. I had to admit, I looked really good tonight. The color blue reminded me of a memory from middle school.

I put on my black ankle boots. Then it was time for makeup. It took six minutes to do all of that then another eight to do my hair. What kind of crazy self-obsessed girl was I turning into? I had on mascara, dark blue and black eyeshadow, lipgloss, and black eyeliner. I had small curls in my hair.

Now it was time to go to the party. Well, to go to Harry's party. And Harry knows how to throw parties.

I told Simon where I'd be before the little smartass could make a comment. Then I took my purse, myself, and my truck, to Harry Person's house.