prologue

I was standing by the altar as nervous as hell Waiting for my soon to be wife, Soon to be Mrs bamidele. I feel very complete and am at peace, i felt like i was given another opportunity to live again. I jolted out of my reverie when the band started playing the popular "here comes the bride instrumental". I smiled as my heart was swelling with joy, first came my amazing cousins who were the little bride and groom, then the flower girls and then the bride maids.

  Seeing my best friend in that gown looking all chic and beautiful made me feel a wave of peace. Its all over, those grudges we kept for so long, we are now living in the now, the present. Then i saw the love of my life, my Ayowande in her beautiful wedding gown, she looked like  angel and she is my angel. I smiled nervously as her father handed her to me and patted me on the shoulder "take care of her, she's my world" and i smiled and told him I'll take care of her.

I wasn't sure what went on in the ceremony until the vows and exchange of rings. That's the most important part right?. I took my vows wholeheartedly looking into her eyes as i said " I, bamidele oluwadamilola jayden , take you to be my lawfully wedded wife, to love, to hold and to protect, in sickness and in health, in poverty and wealth, for better for worse till death do us part".
She took her vows too we exchanged the rings smiling ear to ear at each other like no one else was there. Then i heard the priest say if there's anyone here who thinks this marriage should not hold, speak now or forever hold your peace. I looked around with confidence and peace in my heart because i knew no one could stop us unless Adesewa, no she wouldn't do that to me. Then i saw Adesewa stand up with a sinister smile on her face as she said "i object to this marriage". She turned to me before she walked out and said
" damilola you would never have peace just the way i never had peace".
I felt my life shatter at that moment ...my life was over.

I hope this part has captivated you to ride with me on this beautiful journey

Pls follow
Like
Comment
Share

Sophira