Accidental Savior

During one of the boring days off I decided to travel between towns and areas. I ended up in a city where I felt really safe walking around. After a while of walking around I feel something bump into me. When I saw it was a little girl I knelt down and helped her up. "Are you ok? I'm sorry about knocking you down. I wasn't looking where I was walking." She instantly grips me and whispers, "Help me." I couldn't see her name or data because of how close she was but I could see Overhauls. I didn't even have to have the data HUD to know he was evil.

"Eri, I told you you couldn't come out until after supper. Cmon let's go home." She shook her head as I slowly stood up and picked her up. "Overhaul, it's best you turn around and walk away. I know she is in no way related to you." I was ready for anything as I send an SOS to the police through my special watch. When Overhaul created spikes on the ground and walls of the buildings I jumped up and landed on my Solar Surfer which took a few seconds to form behind me. "Hold on Eri, I'm going to go fast."

She gripped me harder before I took off. I barely got to the corner as more spikes tried to hit us. With a quick roll to the side we barely avoid them but it scratched up my Surfer. For the next half hour he chased us destroying different buildings and some cars before I slam him with my Surfer knocking him out.  The police ignored my SOS until their department building got destroyed by Overhaul. They arrested him once I knocked him out and I took Eri to the hospital.

After lots of questions and tests they find out she was very badly malnourished, she had the mentality of a toddler when she was obviously six years old, and she has scars all over her body. I called Mom about Eri and she says that since they found the other kids family we can take care of Eri when she is able to leave. I smile and look at Eri. "Hey Eri, I just talked to my Mom. She says that if you want to you can live with us." She instantly hugs me and cries.

I spent the night there and after the pediatrician gave me a diet for Eri we went home. "Eri this is your new home. My Mom and I will take care of you ok?" She nods as Mom quickly walks over and kneels in front of her. "Hello Eri, I am Inko but you can call me Mom or Grandma if either is easier." Eri looked up at me, "What will you be Iz... Iz.. Izu...ku?" I knelt next to her laughing, "Your brother or I can be your parent but I don't know if I can adopt you or not." This is when Eri smiles pointing to me then my mom. "Papa, Grandma." This makes Mom cry muttering that shes finally a grandma.

I give Eri a tour of the house and notice her bed is in my room. She pointed to her pink bed, "Is that my bed?" I nodded and put her on it. "Yes it is. Do you want to take a nap or play some games?" That is when my Mom said lunch is ready. "Actually let's eat and then choose ok?" Eri nodded and followed me to the kitchen. We ate and she yawned. I gently put her on the couch for a nap and covered her with a blanket. After I put on a child's show for her to listen to Mei comes in.

Mei looked at Eri and then me, "I didn't know you were a babysitter Izu." I told Mei what happened as Eri took her nap. When Eri wakes up an hour later she points to Mei. "Papa who is she?" Mei squealed softly, "So cute." I froze for a bit trying to think of an answer as Mom walked into the room. "Oh, good afternoon Mei. I see you met your boyfriends daughter." Eri tilted her head, "Boyfriend?" I sighed and put Eri on my lap. "You understand Mom and Dad are together right?" Eri nods as she looks up at me. "Before they become a Mommy and Daddy they date as boyfriend and girlfriend."

I hoped that Eri understood as she looked between me and Mei. "So Mei is not yet Mommy?" This caused Mei, my mom, and I to laugh. Mei was the first to calm down enough to talk, "You can call me Mommy if you want to." Eri hugged her and I smiled. Looks like I need to ask Mei to marry me sooner than later. Of course Mei ruins the moment by trying to give Eri a flamethrower. "Mei no!! Eri give me that please, I don't want you to get hurt with it."

I gently took the flamethrower and glare at Mei. "Mei, this is not a kids toy. You and I will definitely discuss this later." Mei looks a bit scared as I never glared before. After putting every single dangerous item that Mei had in a safe we spend the evening with Eri teaching her some games and songs. After supper Mei and I put Eri to bed. We talked for a while with me at my desk and Mei on my bed. After a bit of silence I find out Mei is asleep. I quickly put a blanket on her, text her parents, and go to sleep on the couch in the livingroom.

In the early morning I hear a scream and I rush to Eri. She was scared that she made me vanish like her birth father. I quickly calmed her down and told her what happened. "Why did you sleep there instead of in bed with Mommy?" I laugh a bit and kiss Eri on the forehead. "Mommy and I aren't that far in our relationship yet. We are only dating ok?" Eri nods as Mei begins fo wake up. Mei apologized for dozing off in my bed but I quickly silenced her by picking up her and Eri bringing them downstairs to watch tv as I make breakfast.

By the time Mom woke up I had already done the dishes, left her a plate, and was playing with Eri as Mei went home. As Eri took her afternoon nap Aizawa stopped by with Nezu. They understood the situation and said I could bring Eri to class with me but during support gear testing she can't be in the room. I nodded as I agreed and told them I would tell Mei. That's when Eri woke up and looked at Nezu. She walked over to him, wearing her blanket kinda like a giant robe. "Mister, what kind of kitty is this?"

This caused Nezu to laugh, "I am not a cat. My name is Nezu and it is nice to meet you." Eri fell backwards in shock but I caught her. "Its ok Eri, Nezu won't hurt you." Nezu and Eri played for a little bit as Aizawa asks to talk with me outside. "Thank you for getting rid of my dry eyes and protecting your class mates. Even Mineta though Lady Death could have taken him." I chuckled some and nodded, "Not a problem but I am worried though. Someone else will take Overhauls place and cause is trouble later." Aizawa agreed as Nezu and Eri walked out with both wearing folded newspaper hats.

I quickly took a picture, "Definitely putting this in the family scrapbook." Eri gave me a smile as she handed me one as well. I picked her up and said goodbye to Nezu and Aizawa as they got into their car. "Eri, in a few days you will be going to school with me. I will do my best to teach you ok?" Eri gave me a determined look, "Can you teach me now?" I laughed and kissed her on the nose, "I can try to. Grandma might need to help me some when she gets home from work." We headed inside and all I could think about is how monday will suck.