Chapter Fifty Three

For three full days, Beatrice and Tobias did nothing but spend it in the bedroom. Every time they touched, it seemed as though it were the first time.

On a morning where they had been awake for a couple of hours but were very busy, Beatrice recuperated her breath and turned to Tobias, who was smiling like a child getting a Christmas present.

"I know we can stay for as much time as we want," Beatrice said exasperated, still slightly out of breath. "But I want to do some activities. Didn't you say there were horses? Why don't we take a scenic walk with them."

Tobias rolled over and draped one arm over her, using it as support so he could slowly pull himself closer and kiss her again. "You've already seen the scenery needed," he smiled.

She couldn't help but kiss him back, enjoying every moment their mouths were touching and syncing as one. She pulled away and turned her head. "I'm being serious. We can do this anywhere else, but we can't take a walk and explore every day."

"Oh come on, you're a princess now. We can do this sometime else. We only have one wedding honeymoon."

"Exactly!" Beatrice pushed him off of her and stood, wrapping the sheet around her body. "I'm not going to spend our honeymoon in bed. I'm going to get dressed and eat breakfast. Care to join me?"

Tobias smiled and stood as Beatrice tied a robe around her. They both exited the bedroom and walked down the hallway into the kitchen, where the window drapes were open and illuminating the large space.

"The sunlight, it burns!" Tobias said dramatically as he took Beatrice by the waist and pulled her into a shadier spot. She was laughing as she turned around and rolled her eyes. "Honey, I think I might have to go back to the bedroom. My vampire skin doesn't let me be in the sun."

Beatrice crossed her arms and kissed him. "I'm sorry, go ahead in the bedroom and I'll bring you breakfast there."

"Better yet, why don't you come and bring me company," he added with a smile before pressing his lips to hers and walking away.

She waited until the door closed before Beatrice took a cup from the cupboard and filled it with water. She walked back into the bedroom and instantly threw the filled cup of water onto the bed, splashing Tobias right in the face. He groaned and quickly tried to get off the bed, that was completely drenched in water.

"Whoops," Beatrice shrugged as she turned around to head back in the kitchen. "clumsy me."

Beatrice took two steps before Tobias quickly grabbed her and lifted her off the floor. She squealed of laughter as he ran through the house and opened the door leading to the backyard. Beatrice gasped at how beautiful it looked - they had a perfect view of the mountain range and a small lake at the bottom. She also noticed the giant pool, which they were walking towards. She didn't have time to protest before Tobias had thrown her in it with her robe. When she resurfaced, he jumped in right after her.

"Tobias!" She complained, splashing him.

He laughed and slowly made his way to her. He rested his hands on her hips and was leaning in to kiss her when she cursed out loud and wrapped her arms around his neck before bringing him underwater, unable to resist the temptation he wouldn't stop offering to her.

They had, eventually, gone on the horses and took a stroll on a mountain path. As Beatrice imagined, the scenery was gorgeous and she admired how the sunset touched the lake water. They mounted off the horses and walked with them down a small path to the lake. Beatrice gawked even more at the view and at the clearness of the water. She crouched down and stirred the water with her fingers, admiring her reflection through it. She watched as Tobias crouched behind her and smiled too at the reflection.