𝙾𝙽𝙴

Lexie

Lexie

LEXIE EXITED THE ELEVATOR THAT led to the main floor of Grey-Sloan Memorial. She glanced around at the many rooms before making her way to Dr. Bailey, who was the resident she was paired up with.

Lexie just finished her nightly rounds, and was now reporting back to Bailey for her assignment. She was on the night shift this week.

Bailey gave all of the other interns their spots, before landing on Lexie. "Little Grey, you'll be with me in the pit."

With that, Bailey dropped the clipboard to her side and moved efficiently towards the stairs that led down to the pit. Lexie followed quickly behind, towering over the shorter woman.

Lexie was beginning to reach the end of her intern year. She has scrubbed in on a good handful of surgeries, but not as many as some of her peers. She isn't really friends with her intern class, she is closer with the class above her, which includes her half sister - Meredith Grey.

Today she hoped that an opportunity will arise.

•••

"Grey, Bailey, we have an incoming trauma. There was a shootout involving the FBI a couple a blocks away. There have been reports of multiple casualties, so we need all hands on deck." Owen Hunt orders while handing us each gloves and a cover thing for our scrubs.

Lexie quickly puts on her gown and gloves before following Bailey and Owen out to the ambulance bay.

Two ambulances arrive first, followed by at least 3 more.

"Grey, you take the first one, I got this one!" Bailey yells, and Lexie runs up to the ambulance that is being opened.

The EMT's begin shouting over the incoming sirens. "We got a GSW to the neck. Pulse is thready, he went into V-Tach en-route."

Lexie looked down at the young man, who was bleeding profusely from his neck. "Alright, let's get him to Trauma 1! Sir, can you speak?"

Lexie watches as the man doesn't even open his eyes, nor respond to her question. As they continue to quickly wheel him into the pit, she lets out a sigh, before pulling out her pager with her free hand, paging her older sister.

Nurses follow Lexie and the young man into the room, and prepare for him to be transferred. "On my count, 1, 2, 3!"

They all lift the man and transfer him onto the hospital bed, and immediately get to work. She pulls back to bandage and blood begins to pour out.

Lexie stuffs the wound with sterile gauze before patching it up again, and as if it were timed, Meredith walks in as soon as his heart begins to rapidly beat.