𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

Spencer

Spencer

SPENCER PARKED IN FRONT OF the coffee shop that him and Lexie had planned to meet at. He checked his watch, which read 7:50 am.

He grabbed his phone from his satchel and unlocked it, immediately going to Lexie's contact.

Spencer: Hey, I just pulled up. Are you here yet? Or on your way? If you are driving, don't text back.

Spencer watched as the text bubble popped up almost instantly, and then a detailed message appeared from Lexie.

Lexie: I am still at the hospital, but am about to go change and I should be on my way out. I'll probably be little late, if you don't mind waiting.

Spencer gave a half-smile at his phone, before slowly typing out his response.

Spencer: I don't mind at all.

Spencer shut off his phone and turned up the radio, which played classical music. It helped wake him up, which a lot of people found weird.

But classical music worked for Spencer.

The genius watched the clock go up, and at about 8:10, there was still no text from Lexie.

Hesitantly, he pulled up their conversation. He didn't want to double text, but he also didn't want to be stood up.

Spencer: Hey, are you almost here? If not, it's okay. I just don't want to be stood up.

Spencer watched the text bubble pop up, and then disappear only a few seconds later.

He furrowed his brows at his phone, and then proceeded to call her. No answer, just her chirpy voicemail.

"Hey! You have reached Dr. Lexie Grey. I'm probably in surgery, so just leave a message!"

Spencer took a breath, and then began speaking into the phone.

"Hey Lexie, it's Spencer. Listen, you're probably busy and I would understand if you didn't want to meet me. Not many people do, considering my personality and my interests. Maybe we could do this some other time. I'll talk to you later."

As soon as Spencer hung up the phone and restarted his car, another call came through his phone.

He quickly picked it up, assuming that it was Lexie, but it wasn't.

It was Hotch.

Spencer pressed the answer button. "Hotch?"