「 10 」

"george's last words were: i love you dream. tell nick and darryl i love them too." that was what dream said at the funeral. i tried to stay strong as darryl cried beside me, but i couldn't help letting go of a few tears. the fact that his last words were him saying i love you to his friends.

no one ever expected that they'd be writing an elegy for george this soon.

after the doctor announced george's death, we didn't really know what to do after that.

the doctor gave us permission to look at george's face one last time. as we all entered the room, we saw george's beautiful face, with his eyes never opening again, and his mouth closed forever. darryl couldn't take it, as he cried, and fell to his knees next to george. clay and i were silent all the time, only being able to stare at hus beautiful face. the air was thick and silent, yet the night's filled with darryl's loud cries that can't seem to stop.

george was transferred to the morgue, and we still stayed at the hospital. we can't even sleep. i brought darryl something to drink, only to see him curled up in a corner, with big bags under his eyes, and they're red because of his nonstop crying.

no one can't even utter a word. it was so hard taking it all in, not even knowing what to do afterwards.

clay... was inside the room where george was. it's now empty, and the bed was replaced with a new one. they kept it empty for a long time, as someone just died.

the only thing that was in the room was the sun slowly rising. one of the windows had its curtains open, and the rest were still closed, so the sun rays were focused on that window, that seemed to light the empty bed. clay didn't budge an inch, as he was kneeling in front of george's bed. he just kept on staring at it, like he's either waiting for something to happen, or he still couldn't process what was happening.

i walked to his side, sat down on the ground with him, and hugged him. i couldn't muster to apologize at that time of when i punched him, but i comforted him. minutes later, i could feel him shaking, and knew that he was already crying. his cries grew louder and louder, as i've realized that that night was filled with darryl's cries, and this day was filled with clay's cries.

george... goodbye.