10: Barbecue

~2nd Person PoV~

You had spent almost the entire afternoon in the pool with Clint, Steve, Thor, and Pietro, and you had spent a semi equal amount of time talking with each avenger under the watchful eyes of Natasha and Wanda.
Right now you were with Steve, your fingers were intertwined as the two of you sat close to one another, with your head on his shoulder, and Clint's gaze watching you closely, but you didn't really care because you were trying to figure out why something seemed off about Steve.

The sun was beginning to set and you could see stars peppering the sky. That's when you heard Tony saying that dinner was ready.
You kept looking at Bruce while everyone was eating, he was clearly nervous, but when he finally saw you looking at him and giving him a small nod, he stood up from the table with you following suit, standing next to him as he adjusted his tie nervously.

The night air turned electric as you noticed a bunch of fireflies forming the words: "Tony, will you marry me?"

"M-May I have everyone's attention?" Bruce stammered slightly.

Nobody really heard him, so you banged your fist on the table, making a loud thud that got everyone's attention, which you then turned over to Bruce.

"Um, so Tony and I have been together for five years now," Bruce paused looking at his boyfriend, "a-and it's not like we were keeping it a secret because we were scared, but it was our private life. However, after these last few days, I kept having this gut feeling about us, and at first I didn't know what it was, but it became very clear to me the other night, and that's when I realized that Tony is the one for me."

Bruce got down on his knee as the fireflies lit up again, and he pulled a small crushed velvet box out of his pocket.

"Anthony Edward Stark, would you make me the happiest man in the world and be my husband?" Bruce asked, shakily opening the box to reveal a very intricate red and gold ring.

You watched closely as your father stood up and motioned for Bruce to do the same. He kissed Bruce tenderly before he got down on his knee, mirroring Bruce's earlier position.

"I'm afraid I have to answer your question with another question Bruce, because I was wondering if you would make me the happiest man in the world and be my husband." Tony said, pulling a box out of his pocket and opening it to reveal an intricate green and purple ring.

"Yes Tony!" Bruce said on the verge of tears.

Everyone clapped and cheered loudly for the genius couple as they pulled each other in for a deep and passionate kiss before Tony pulled away suddenly.

"Only if it's okay with you, Y/n?"

"Is that even a question? God, this wedding is going to be amazing!" You cheered.

Once everything from dinner was cleaned up, you and Steve were the only two left on the rooftop. You had held Steve back and told everyone else that you'd be joining them for the movie in a little while. Clint wanted to protest, but he knew he couldn't, so he followed the others back inside.

"So what's wrong Steve? I can tell something's wrong, you're not yourself today," you said as the two of you dipped your feet into the pool.

"It's nothing Y/n, really. I'm okay I promise." It was obvious to you that Steve was lying.

"You can talk to me Steve, I'm here for you, you can tell me anything," you spoke softly as you turned your body to face him.

It was then that you could see tears forming in his eyes. "Everyone forgot my birthday," his words and tone of voice broke your heart into a million pieces because even though you knew that it wasn't true, that's happened to you before, and it's painful.

You brought your hand up to his cheek and made him look at you before you pulled his face closer to yours, connecting your lips softly. It took Steve about zero point two seconds to react and kiss you back, pulling you closer to him and deepening the kiss. Your lips moved in sync until he poked your bottom lip with his tongue asking for permission, which you granted without a second thought. His tongue explored every single inch of your mouth as you did the same for him, only stopping when the two of you could no longer breathe.

"No Steve, not everyone," you spoke, brandishing the cupcake that you had hidden behind your back, "make a wish hot stuff."

Steve looked at you, then at the cupcake before he took it from your hands, "this is going to sound cheesy, but it already came true," he said, blowing out the candle.

"You're right, that was cheesy, Mr.1945 Super-Soldier." You said, giving him a small peck on the lips. "Come on, lets go join the others."

Steve didn't object as you helped him up and handed him his towel before the two of you took the elevator down to the floor that held your bedrooms.
You showered quickly so that you could get to the main floor before Steve did, so you threw on a light blue sweater and a pair of jeans before taking the elevator to join the others.

Everything was perfectly set up and you felt overwhelming pride coming from everyone, especially Thor who was holding the cake that he finished baking hours earlier.
The balloons and streamers filled the room with red, white, and blue, with firework decorations covering the walls, as well as the hand painted "Happy Birthday Captain 'Steve' America" banner hang just in front of the kitchen entryway.
You turned off the lights and Thor and Natasha lit the candles on Steve's birthday cake, when you heard the elevator coming up.

As soon as the doors opened you all yelled "Surprise!" as loud as you could, which admittedly startled the Super Soldier, but as soon as the lights came on, he was in awe.

"Happy birthday Steven," you said as you pulled him in for a hug and small kiss on the lips.

He was definitely caught off guard when you slid your hands down his back and squeezed his two rather large and muscular hams that he calls an ass.

-A/N:-

-A/N:-

Happy Fourth of July and happy birthday to our Captain America.
I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter and I hope that you all have/ had an amazing day!