5: Sleepless Nights

~Your PoV~

I looked at the clock next to my bed and read the time: "3:45 A.m.", I sighed loudly as I felt my legs twitching again.
My legs were restless like they were on most nights, and normally I'd just go outside and take a walk, but being in Manhattan, I'm definitely not going walk through the city by myself, especially not at night.

I threw the blankets off of me and got out of my bed, I pulled on a pair of plain gray pajama pants, along with a pair of socks and my f/c running shoes before I left the room.
I had barely made it three steps into the kitchen before I was stopped by a voice.

"Going somewhere Y/n?"

"Not really," I replied, turning to face Clint.

He was wearing a tank top that showed off his muscles and his sleeve of tattoos on his left arm, along with a pair of black pants.

"What are you doing up so late, and why do you look like you're going for a run?" He asked, clearly concerned.

"I can't sleep. My legs are restless, so I was gonna walk around. What are you doing up so late?"

"I cant sleep either. I tend to have a few restless nights," Clint replied.

"What do you usually do on nights like this?"

"I'm usually alone, so I either practice my archery or work out. How 'bout you?"

"I usually go on walks. But I don't think that Manhattan is the safest place to walk at night," I shrugged.

"Well it's a lot safer if you have someone with you," Clint hesitated, "I could go with you if you want."

"I'd like that Clint," I smiled.

"Let me go get some shoes on, then we'll head out," he said, ducking back into his room.

He re-emerged a few seconds later wearing his usual black boots.

Outside of the Tower it was actually quite beautiful. The sky was lit up by thousands of stars and lights from the surrounding buildings, the moon was full.

I felt myself reaching for Clint's hand as we walked, and he didn't really hesitate to hold onto mine. We walked together in a peaceful silence, just enjoying each other's company, listening to the sounds of nighttime Manhattan.

"Clint, can I tell you something?"

"Of course you can. You can tell me anything and I promise that I won't judge you."

"At dinner, when I was flirting with everyone..."

"Yeah? Go on."

"I meant every word..." I said as we approached a park bench.

"I could kinda tell. But you were doing it to get under your uncle's skin," he replied as we sat down.

I looked over at him, locking eyes with him.

"And during the movies, I felt truly loved by all four of you guys. I really like you, Thor, Steve, and Pietro, and I feel like they all like me too, but now I just feel like an asshole. I feel like I've already screwed up and I'm gonna hurt you guys' feelings, or even worse, break someone's heart," I finished, feeling tears roll down my cheeks.

Clint didn't say anything, he just leaned forward and wiped my tears away before pulling me into a tight hug.
But when he finally did speak, his words shocked me.

"It's okay Y/n. You don't have to get so upset about it. I mean, if you go about it the right way, you won't hurt anyone. But I will say, you're gonna be mine first and foremost."

I pulled away from him and looked into his eyes, trying to find any hint that he was just pulling my leg. But there was none.

"I have no problem with that," I borderline whispered.

Clint smirked at me and planted a kiss on my forehead, then my lips.

"Come on, we walked pretty far, so I think that we should head back," he said, standing up and extending his hand to me.

I grabbed his hand and we began the lengthy walk back to the Stark Tower.
About halfway there, we saw a man that was just standing under a streetlight, he was wearing a cloak of some kind, and he was staring straight down at the ground.
I got an immediate uneasy feeling about the guy, and I told this to Clint.

We carefully walked around the guy, and just as I was about to breathe a sigh of relief, I felt a hand on my shoulder as someone spun me around.
I was face to face with someone wearing a red skull mask.

"Uh oh," I muttered.

"HAIL HYDRA!" The guy hissed.

I barely had a second to react before he plunged a large knife into my abdomen.
I screamed, and fully expected the guy to run because I was with Clint, but he didn't, he just stood there, twisting the knife slightly.
I looked over my shoulder to see why Clint wasn't helping me, but when I looked, he wasn't there, in fact, he was a few feet away on the ground.

"Yeah. That's right, your boyfriend isn't going to be able to save you now!" The guy growled.

I glared angrily at the guy and his 'friend' that appeared next to him.

"Ooh, scary! We made him mad!" The other guy said.

I looked around at the different plant life that was growing next to the sidewalk, and I smirked.
I stared at a rose bush that was a few feet away.
The first guy pulled the knife out of my abdomen, and plunged it into me again, right below my rib cage, making me scream in pain and sink to my knees.