2: Getting to Know Clint and Pietro

~Your PoV~

Most of Tony's colleagues had gone their separate ways, either to their rooms or somewhere else, and I had done the same, leaving the living room and going to my room.

My backpack was sitting on the bed, staring back at me with sadness.

"Don't look at me like that. You know that mom didn't even warn me before she up and left. It's a miracle that I got anything in you at all," I said to the backpack.

It just sat there, of course being an inanimate object that couldn't reply.
I began pulling the few items that I own out of the bag.

"Let's see... cell phone... seeds... f/c jacket, headphones... wallet... Thor action figure..." I listed off things as I took them out. "Thor action figure? Where the hell did you come from?"

"Someone must have put you in here," I said to the toy.

I continued to empty my bag, finding a few other items that weren't mine, including some new clothes.

"Jarvis, has anyone else been in here today?" I asked.

"Yes. Thor was in here, only for a moment. Then Tony came in and put a few things in your bag."

"Thanks Jarvis."

"Thor must have put this action figure in here. Tony probably gave me the outfit," I said to myself.

"Talking to yourself are we?" A voice asked.

I dropped my phone in surprise, spinning around to see Steve.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you," Steve said, picking up my phone.

"I guess that you are wanting some answers?" I asked.

"For what?"

"Tony said I was his nephew, not his son. I didn't really think that he was going to say that. I mean, I gave him all of the papers from the paternity test-," I cut myself off.

"You don't need to explain anything to me. But I can say that since I've known Tony longer than you have, it'll take him a little while to be able to tell the team." Steve said, patting my shoulder.

"Thanks," I replied.

Steve nodded and left the room. I left a second later, going to the living room and sitting down on the couch next to Clint.

"So... what kind of name is Clint anyway?"

"What kind of name is Y/n?"

"Touché.... so Clint, what's your life all about? Got a wife, kids?"

"Nah. I was married a few years ago," Clint said, his eyes seeming to glaze over.

"'Was'?"

"Yeah. Her name was Laura. I was even gonna be a father for a third child.... but she had a miscarriage. After we lost the baby, she left me."

"Oh, my god. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring up any sore memories for you," I said, stumbling over my words.

"It's okay, it was years ago. But it wasn't all bad, we had two kids before we lost the baby: Cooper and Lila. Cooper is ten and Lila is eleven. They live with their mother, but they do come to visit," Clint said.

I couldn't help myself, so I leaned over and wrapped my arms around him and held him in a tight hug.

"You know I'm old enough to be your father, right?" Clint asked.

"If you wanted me to call you 'Daddy' all you had to do is ask," I teased, "besides, there's no way that you're older than 30."

"You know, you don't have to try that hard to get me to like you."

"What do you mean? I'm serious, you don't look a day over 30!"

"Add seventeen to that," Clint muttered.

"Yeah, right. And I'm not a virgin," I replied sarcastically.

Clint looked at me and he was about to say something, but the elevator chimed, and Pietro got off and walked into the living room.

"What are you guys talking about?" He asked.

"Sex" I said,
"Nothing!" Clint said at the same time.

"All kinds of stuff eh?" Pietro asked.

I giggled a bit and Clint chuckled.

"So what do you guys go for fun?" I asked.

"I practice archery, and play video games, sometimes I just like to sit in silence and listen to music," Clint said.

"As a team we usually watch movies together after dinner," Pietro added.

"What about yourself P?" I asked.

"'P'?"

"Yeah. Like the letter. Sometimes I give people nicknames," I shrugged, "but what did you do before you came here?"

"Oh. Well, my sister and I were taken from Sokovia when we were young, following the death of our parents and relatives. After that I became a teacher at an academy for 'gifted' kids, ones with powers. But that academy was doomed from the beginning," Pietro said.

"So how old are you?"

"Sometimes I'm 18, sometimes I'm not," he replied cryptically with a wink, leaving the room slowly.

"Well that was... odd," I said.

"That's Pietro for you... Anyway, come with me, I want to show you something," Clint said, motioning for me to follow him into the elevator.

"So what about you, what did you do before you came here?" I asked once the doors closed.

"I was orphaned at a young age, well me and my brother were. After six years, we ran away from the orphanage and joined a carnival. I was trained by a great swordsman and archer to become a master archer. And when I found out that the carnival owner was basically stealing money from people, they beat me up and left me for dead."

"What about your brother? What happened to him?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen him since. I became my own star attraction and I was later picked up by a circus. That's when I saw Iron Man for the first time, and I knew that I wanted to be a hero like him."

"So that's how you ended up here?"

"Well, I was accused of theft first. Then I met Natasha. She was a spy back then, and I wanted to help her steal technology from Tony Stark. But that didn't go so well. It took some pleading, but Tony allowed us to join the Avengers team. And that's how I ended up here."

"Sounds like you had quite an interesting life. But tell me, does everyone here have a tragedy stricken past?"

"Well, how did you end up here?" Clint asked as we exited to elevator.

"My mom moved across the world to be with her fiancé," I chuckled.

"Then no," Clint laughed.

"So what did you want to show me?" I asked.

"This," he replied, waving his arm out in front of him to motion to the edge of the tower.

We were on the roof of the Stark Tower, and he had walked me over to the edge of the roof, where you could see the entire city.