Three: Must I Be A Monotype Trainer?

"Oh! Come on, you'll have fun!" Prof. Eucalyptus said to the three. A glare stand off seemed to be happening between all three, probably for who chooses first.

"I think I should choose first! I beat Tskui in our battle before the girl showed up!" Dista as-a-matter-of-factly stated.

"I have a name, you know..." Miyuki pressed in, until she realized a small factor; she couldn't give her real name. It was bad enough with her powers and looks that she could easily be recognized.

"What is it?" all three asked in curiosity.

"Uh... Y-Yuki..."

"Cute name..." Tskui muttered.

"Nice to meet you, Yuki!" Fennel said to her. "Well... Yuki, are you fine with getting the last pick? Distra and Tskui were here first..."

Holding back her scowl, she agreed. So whatever they don't want, I'll get. Sounds like memory lane to me...

"So, Distra," Prof. Eucalyptus started as she brought the Poké Ball holder and three PokéDexes with her. "Are you guys still planning to go with your Monotype journey?"

"Yep! It was easy for Mr. Psyc to choose! But I finally decided with what Type I want!" Distra rushed to the Professor's side as she scanned the enigmas on the capsules. Once she found it, she picked up the one with the dark orb. "Dark-Type!"

"Remember, the Pokémon in the Poké Balls are all random, so you could get any Pokémon of that Type."

"What?! NO! Nonononononononono NO! Professor Eucalyptus, I need different Pokémon! This completely messes with Tskui and I's agreement!" Distra screamed to Fennel as she held up an Inkay.

"Even if it's Dark-Psychic, Dark comes first, so you'll be fine. And if I remember correctly, you reeeeally wanted an Inkay, Distra." Tskui noted to his Rival.

"Shut it! I said I wanted an Absol, you smartas--"

"OKAY! Distra, Tskui had a point towards the Typing, plus, you don't have to keep it with you the whole way... Unless you made that a rule."

Distra growled in defeat as she started at the Revolving Pokémon. What am I going to do with a stupid Inkay?

"Following in your father's footsteps, Tskui?" Prof. Eucalyptus asked.

"Of course. That's the best thing to do, and it'll give me a challenge for when we get to his Gym." Tskui grabbed the Poké Ball mark with the purple-ish eye. Miyuki could only assume it represented the Psychic-Type, which would also explain why Distra chose Dark-Type.

Tskui threw the Poké Ball in the air, and a red flash revealed his Pokémon; Woobat. The Bat Pokémon circled its new Trainer joyfully. Miyuki heard a slight grunt of happiness from Distra, but shook it off.

"Well, Yuki, you get the Ghost-Type Poké Ball. I really hope your fine with that."

"Of course, I mean, it's not like I was suppose to be here..." Miyuki grabbed the last Poké Ball with the skull symbol on it. She gripped the Poké Ball, bringing memories back...

***

Miyuki was crammed in her Poké Ball with excitement all around her. She felt the jolt of the Poké Ball being picked up, and the gripping sensation tighten with glee. As she felt the capsule being thrown into the air, her Snorunt self couldn't wait to be free. After the red flash disappeared, she saw her newest Trainer looking at her shivering with excitement.

"Not many people accept this Pokémon... Will you take her?"

The Trainer walked towards Miyuki, and embraced her in a hug. "I will... Her name will be Miyuki..."

Miyuki hugged her new Trainer back, ready for her next step in life.

***

"Any day now!" Distra groaned in the background.

Miyuki jumped in surprise, realizing she was reminiscing again. "Sorry..." She cleared her throat and threw the Poké Ball, the same way her Trainer had when she was chosen. A Duskull levitated off the ground, but in front of its Trainer.

"Lucky!!"

"Woah..."

"Hello, new Trainer. Please, call me Slee." the Duskull pleasantly said.

"I'll take him... I'll name him Slee."

"Oh, right! Distra, Tskui, what will you nickname your's?"

"Kokoro for Woobat."

Distra sighed as she said hers, "I guess... Muush."

"Good names! Also, here are you Eevees that I promised," Prof. Eucalyptus handed Distra and Tskui two more Poké Balls, and went to the back of the Lab.

With only them in the room, Miyuki thought it'd be best to conversatebwith her unclaimed 'Rivals'. "So, you guys are doing a Monotype journey?"

"Yes, that was a thing we've been planning for a few years now." Tskui replied.

"I still can't believe you have to do it with us..." Distra mumbled.

"Wait, I have to do that with you? I can only train and catch Ghost-Type Pokémon?" Miyuki tried to his her slight sense of fear with the idea.

"That's what a Monotype journey is, sweetie. And since you're stuck with us, you're going to do it with us!" Distra returned Muush to its Poké Ball, and didn't dare send out her Eevee.

"So Prof. Eucalyptus gave you each an Eevee to contribute to it?"

"We've been volunteering since we left the Trainer's School. She promised us a journey as we told her our Rival plans." Tskui explained.

"And it came today..."

"Exactly. And since there is no Ghost-Type Eeveelution, Prof. Eucalyptus is probably getting you a Rotom..."

"Right you are, Distra!" Prof. Eucalyptus came back as she moved strands of her hair out of her face. "If you every want to change its form and Type, visit me. I have the appliance for it to do so."

Appliances and Rotom? Miyuki could help but think about the strange figure.

"Well, here are your PokéDexes," Fennel passed the three each a PokéDex of their Typing color. "Most Professors ask you to complete it for certain reasons, but I just want you three to learn about the world and yourselves on this journey. You three are the first the leave on one in the town in a long time." She smiled at each of the teenagers as they looked bak at her. "Tskui, Distra, thank you for your help here. Yuki, be safe out there; who knows what could happen."

And with that, the three left to start their Monotype journey, together.

Even though they hated the plan.

***
A/N:

Another chapter! Hope you enjoy it!

Sorry it was a filler, I promise I'll write another soon enough!

A made the banner of their Pokémon, and I know it's not the best, but whatever!

See you in the next update!