23

"Everyone find your seats. Dean Kingsley and Mr. Kim are joining us for class today, so please make me look good. Thank you for joining us, Dean."

The dean gave a courtesy nod before joining Kai in the far corner of the room.

"What are they doing here," Lisa whispered.

"I have no idea..."

"Today will be a short day for you guys because of the bad weather. You will only be spending about 30 minutes with me and 30 minutes with your next teacher if has any classes after this. Today we have a few more grammar drills to practice. Y/n will you come pass these worksheets out for me please?"

You got up and headed over to her desk with a slight nervousness in your walk. The Dean's eyes were glued to you.

"I need for you, Lisa, and Jisoo to work in a group today. Kai has got something up his sleeve, and I have no idea what he's up to," she whispered.

"Okay..."

-----

"Everyone, don't forget that your second term final is coming up in the next few weeks! Read your books, and review your grammar to ensure success. Some of your grades depend on how you do on this exam. I'll see you next class."

"Y/n, we need for you to say behind," Dean Kingsley called.

After the room was cleared of the students, you went to meet Jennie, Kai, and the dean at Jennie's desk.

"What is this about, Dean," Jennie asked.

"Well, a few concerns have been made apparent that I need to get cleared up."

"Why do I need to be here though," you asked.

"Well, this concerns you," Kai said.

"I wasn't asking you. I was asking the dean."

"He's right, y/n. This does concern you. It concerns all three of you. This morning I received a few photos of the two of you that have concerned me."

The dean presented a photo of both you and Jennie sitting on your couch cuddling.

"How did you get that," you asked.

"From me," Kai said.

He had the same annoying, evil smirk planted on his face. Everything about Kai showed his smugness in the situation.

"Now, I want to ask you two the obvious question. What is going on between the two of you?"

"Well, Ms. Kim and I-"

"We are dating," Jennie interrupted.

"Jenni-"

"No, y/n. I'm not going to make up some fake story to appease to Kai."

"Okay..."

"Y/n and I have been together since the night of the Fall Festival. All three of us met back in high school. I started dating y/n until...circumstances arose and I ended up dating Kai. The first day I came to teach was when I saw y/n again. I became y/n's tutor, and we happened to connect again. After seeing that Kai wasn't fit to be with me, I dumped him. That's when y/n and I reconnected."

"Okay," the dean nodded, walking towards the class room's door.

"Wait! Aren't you going to do anything about this," Kai whined.

"What would you like me to do, Mr. Kim?"

"Fire her and maybe expel y/n!"

"I won't do something so rash. I've examined y/n's grades, and it seems like she/he is on par with everyone else. It's not like he/she has straight 100s, so that leads me to believe that y/n isn't getting any special treatment. Not to mention that y/n and Ms. Kim are both consenting adults. They seem as if they are keeping their relationship quiet which is good. They aren't doing anything on school grounds from what I know, and quite frankly I am all for this relationship. I haven't seen y/n's grades this good in the last 4 years that she/he has been here. It's nice to see someone keeping her/him on track, and honestly Mr. Kim it's not like you get to choose who you fall in love with."

"You didn't even call a meeting or anything! The school board needs to know about what's happening in their school!"

"Mr. Kim, this is not their school inside operations wise. This is my school. The school board only cares if they are about to lose money. I run the show around this school each and every single day. Don't tell me about what I need to notify the school board about. I would appreciate it if you would just stop acting like a whiny child."

Kai hung his head low as he played with the floor below him.

"May I ask you a question, Dean?"

"Go ahead, y/n."

"I realize that you got the picture from Mr. Kim, but just how did he get that picture. I was at my own home. It's not like I was on school grounds or anything."

"Well, Kai?"

"Someone emailed it to me, and I just gave it to you!"

"That's the crazy thing though. If a student did something like that, then the whole school would know about our relationship. It seems like it is just the opposite. No one knows."

"Well, maybe this student isn't a gossiper."

"Seems a little suspicious though because that night we saw the flash of light through my window. I also saw a white car speed off in front of my home."

"Lots of people have whit-"

"Mr. Kim, as of right now, you are treading on very thin ice," the dean rang out. "If I hear the slightest thing uttered about you, I will make it certain that you are fired and never hired to teach again. Do you understand what I am saying to you?"

"Y-"

"Good. I hope that you and Jennie have a good rest of your day, y/n. Don't let the storm sneak up on you. Head home when you can."

"Thanks, Dean! You too."

Kai waited until the dean exited the room to approach you.

"You may have won this round, but you most certainly will not be winning any other battles."

"What do you think this is, Kai? Mortal Combat?"

"J-"

"Next time you come for a fight, make sure you bring the correct weapon."

"Please. She spoke for you the whole time."

"Like I said, bring the right weapon next time."

"J-"

"Kai, I think it's time for you to leave my classroom," Jennie said.

"This isn't over in the slightest. Get ready."