🌹Chapter 8🌹

Liam's POV
After dropping Kayla home, I proceeded to drive to my penthouse. Arriving there I took off all my clothes and had a long relaxing bath while thinking about lunch with my mum. It went well, surprisingly, my mum is someone who doesn't easily associate well with people, don't get me wrong, she is nice and all but the way she just clicked and started conversing with Kayla amazed me because it normally took her a long time before she freely associated with people but apart from that I was thrilled that she has started reacting to her drugs and therapy.
Wrapping myself with a towel I went to my room and dressed in a sweatpant and left my torso bare, and headed to my house office where I did my office duties if I fail to make it to the office any day, sitting down I began to sort the files Miss Kayla sent to me.

Ring Ring Ring

Picking up the phone I see Kyle's name flashing on my screening, swiping to the green icon I put the phone to my ear.
"My man how are you"I heard Kyle's voice through the phone."I was doing well before you called"I answered him continuing sorting the files and working on my presentation to Mr. Adams." Liam why do you have to be so rude huh can't you be nice to me for once" he whined through the phone once again distracting me from the important task in hand.

"Kyle if you don't tell me why you called me this late at night I'm so hanging upon you, "I said."You wouldn't dare do that to your best friend," he said.

"Kyle" I warned."Okay okay I called to ask you how the lunch with your mum went, is she doing better now," he asked."Yeah, she is and the most amazing thing is that..."I said telling him about mum and Kayla.

"Woah you took your assistant to lunch with your mum" he exclaimed."Was that the only thing you got out of everything I just said, you are unbelievable"

"Well, the Liam I know doesn't let anyone except friends and families near his mother. What happened to him huh?"He was right though I barely let anyone close to my mum, after what that monster of a man who calls himself my father did to her, except close family friends or relatives, so taking Kayla must be a surprise to him I swear I only took her for business nothing else, right?"(A/N: Dude ask yourself that not me cause I don't know too😂)

"We planned on going to another meeting so I suggested she came along nothing else Kyle, "I said still sorting the files.

"Okay Liam nothing else," he said more like snickered. Grunting I hanged up the phone and got back to preparing for the meeting tomorrow.

An hour later, I was ready to call it a night, shutting the laptop I rose and headed to my room which was opposite my office. Getting in I lay in bed and sleep off.

Next day
Waking up to the alarm clock I quickly put it off and went to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

After that I dressed up in a black Armani suit with a pair of black shoes, grabbing my suitcase I head downstairs to see Jeremy, my driver ready.

"Good morning sir," he said."Good morning Jeremy, how was your night"I ask, Jeremy is someone I classify as a family friend cause I have known him since I was a boy, I've told him countless times that he should stop working as my driver and that I'll keep on paying him but he has refused several times so I just let him but I try my best to reduce his workload.

"Where to sir?" he asked while getting into the car." Jeremy how many times do I have to tell you to stop addressing me as sir huh?".

"Sorry, sir...I mean Liam" he said while smiling sheepishly returning his smile I enter the car telling Jeremy the address to the restaurant we are having the meeting at.

Arriving at the restaurant I take one last glance at the proposal before alighting the car. Entering into the building I see no sign of Mr. Adams nor Miss Kayla, I order some coffee while awaiting them seeing as I am twenty minutes early.

Ten minutes later I see no sign of Miss Kayla and she was with the documents needed for the contract. I pick up my phone to dial her number but to no avail, looking outside I see Mr. Adams already heading in.

Where the heck is this girl?

A/N
And that's it people chapter 8 I know it's not much and the book hasn't gotten to the most interesting parts yet.
Please bear with my typos as this is not edited I'll try to do so in my free time but I doubt I'll do so, but please do bear with me I'll do my best to fix them🙈🙈
Thanks for reading
Vote
Comment
Thanks😘💕