"Bravery can help woo the girls too" I suggested. But his eyes went wide as if something clicked inside him.

"Like the bravery when you knocked that thief out in broad day light?" he anything but screamed, loud enough for Emily to snap her head up, Benjamin to poke his and Laxsha to appear out of thin air-

"What's that about?" came Jason's interruption, the tall and dorky accountant with sweet personality walked into our convo- though not a part of squad, still a good acquaintance enough to be curious about what's goes on in here.

And Samuels Evil smirk that twitched as soon as I squirmed in on my chair suggested that he was one tiny spawn of satan. When the flashback commenced and finished by his narration- the story line were counterfeited to the point where I couldn't just quite make out if Samuel was even portraying the same incident.

The dramatization was so -

"I wasn't flying over cars. I was only chasing him" running a hand through my face I tried to wipe my dilemma, all eyes on me as I pinched the bridge of my nose in worry. "You guys believe this boy better than me?"

They nodded in sync.

I shifted to see Emily- then wished I hadn't. The fuming tight stare of hers was so disappointed in a friend that used to share everything and anything with her in our good days. But things change- people change- but habits don't, so Emily had the perfect revenge at hand to get to me.

"This gallant act calls for a celebration. Let's hit VR parlor tonight- let's get wasted" she cheered and in seconds stumbled into the plan as well. Samuel dusted his trousers in a my job here is done motion and gestured me a delicate butterfly wave. I played a I am watching you motion in between the chaos to which he shrugged and disappeared by the aisles.

If Emily's torture to keep me awake at my sleeping hours hadn't fed her with satisfying content, she took me to her condominium to trap me into an off shouldered crop top and high waited shorts, she bestowed mercy on me by letting me throw in a black stocking to go with the skirt- but not so easy going when she decided on a three inch heels to chew on my feet for the whole night.

When I scowled at my reflection i realized that I was dressed not so sober, enough to attend a bachelor party rather than a gaming parlour.

"I look like I wish to flirt with every walking male specimen on earth" i said checking my phone to see that I finally was accepted from waitlist for the doctor's appointment they had on hold.

"Ah so blunt Althea. You used thank me even when I painted you as a clown during our learning phase" she sighs smiling, "But this Althea is good too- confident and empowering"

Poking my pinky against the temple I press at the itch, careful to not ruin the layer of makeup Emily had applied on me " Sometimes I don't even realize how rude I am- sorry if I was"

But there was no prosperity in my tone.  why? Just why was it so impossible to slip back into my old generosity?

"Not at all. You just are honest and mature with your opinions now. It's not something to apologize for"

The underlying unnerve mentions my conscience to end it there, but-

"So it's okay if I tell you-" my gaze raked her, from top to toe "-that you look fucking horrible in that dress?"

Stunned Emily watched me- adapted an Althea who actually curses in respect to a pirate. Felix and Oliver were proud of me when I learned there vocational slangs- they were happy. Like the kind of happy I would feel if Glitters would ever- even in accidental way called me mommy.